Bill Corwin reptilegems@aol.com ( BAD GUY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
chuck76
Bill Corwin reptilegems@aol.com ( BAD GUY)

My name is Chuck Poland and I bought a pair of jungle carpet pythons from Bill Corwin. They were sold to me as late 07's from the soul glow highlighter pairing produced by Andrew Hare. When I received them on April 24 2008 they were very small to be even a late 07 animals so I e-mailed Andrew about Bill buying these animals from him. Andrew checked His Paypal records and said he had No Paypal record for Bill Corwin, but if he payed another way it is possible that he did buy the jungles form Andrew. Andrew went on to say that a vast majority of his transaction are done through Paypal. So I am not saying these animals are not what they were sold as but there size on arrival sure puts a huge question mark on there bloodlines. Putting that aside I noticed after the first feeding that one of the animals had loose runny stool. Then when the other went it had a bit of a loose stool also. I took them both into the vet this week and had a fecal run on them. The Vet did a direct smear Fecal and found Trichamonas a protozoan parasite. I explained to the vet that the snakes stool was loose since the snakes came into my possession. He said based on that they were loaded with them way before they ever got to me. So I want to warn everyone that Bill Husbandry hygiene is not good, and he sold me sick animals. Oh and to boot the vet popped them for me, uh ya both of them are males so needless to say I am bummed and upset I had to take these guys to the vet to get them treated for parasites which there is really no excuse for, but lets say there is an excuse for it he still sold them to me either knowing they were sick or not knowing they were sick. Either way I wouldn't want to buy from him again if he didn't know thats really pretty bad if he did that is inexcusable. I e-mailed him to let him know about all this but he has not e-mail me back. Maybe I will get a reply from this, I hope so as I really want to hear what he has to say about this.

Chuck

Old 05-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
This is your average reptile transaction, hate to say it.. This is way too common.. I would have to say that I am sorry to hear this, but..... Most of these guys don't even get lit up on the net either.. Right on for posting the transaction. And a little info for all of us, it is getting more and more worth it to over spend/spend more for quality or a reputable name attached to the animal.. The K-9 breeding world is a little bit worse I would say with shady sellers.. Think about it for a second and it'll make some sense.. Hangin above my nicest boas is this "THE KEY TO GOOD REPTILE HEALTH IS A CLEAN CAGE.." Nough said... Thanks Chuck, and Bill, clean some cages..

Old 06-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #4
chuck76
Just an update I still have not gotten an e-mail or anything from Bill about this.

Chuck

Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
chuck76
Ok he e-mail me here to be fair to Bill this is what he had to say about it

Quote:
Bill

I took the pair of jungles you sold me to the vet today because one of them had loose stool, and has had it since its first bowel movement. My vet did a direct fecal smear and found Trichamonas so I ended up having both of them treated. The vet also popped them for me and said they were both males so needless to say I am upset that I had to spend $151.00 on captive bred animals to have them treated for protozoan parasite and they are both males to boot. I understand you are not obligated to do any thing here as they have been out of you hand a little while but like I said the one came to me with loose stool on his first bowel movement, and based on that the vet said he had to have had it before he came into my possession. I just wanted to let you know and see what you had to say about all this.

Chuck

Quote:
Hey Chuck,
Whats up with the negative stuff on Kingsnake, NOT COOL....I was away on a West Texas snake trip and just got home, thats why I havent replied sooner to your email last week..
I have been working with snakes for over 40 years and have been breeding them since the early 1980's. I worked in three major ZOO herpetology departments also...So when it comes to husbandry my collection is outstanding..
I never said that I bought these from Andrew, I said I bought these from a big breeder that bought these from Andrew and he also had first pick, so these will be nice...Also, I havent found a vet yet that knows much about reptiles, they like to think they do though.. Andrew, when he sold these sexed them then the guy I bought them from (big breeder) sexed them when he got them and when i bought them from him. I popped them too, and they are definitely a pair...I would said that three professional herpetologist sexing this pair knows better what sex they are than a vet that does mainly dogs and cats. As for the trichamonas, when I got that pair or any other snakes, i quarantine them and they checked out clean and had nice hard stools for me before i sent them....You had them over a month and no word from you that there was a problem, so they had to have gotten it somewhere else..
As far as the size, I showed you pictures and you even asked me their length in an email in which I replied to their exact size...I am working with jaguar carpets and most of the 2007 that I buy are the same 2 foot size...The ones you got from me were starting to pound rats which means they will grow faster now!!
I let you put down a depoist and i held them for a few weeks for you and then you tell everybody that im a BAD GUY...Real Nice!!!
Bill
Quote:
Bill

You never told me that you bought these snakes from a big breeder that got them from Andrew. You never said anything of the sort to me, in fact, I pressed you for pics and you never sent them to me and why would a late 07 be 22 inches long? Just a little small that's all I was saying. So if they were late 07's when were they hatched? It puts a question mark on what you claim them to be in my eyes.So who is this big breeder you got them from? That would be nice to know.I had already put a non refundable deposit down on them so I was committed at that point whether I thought you were full of shit or not.

To move on to my vet http://drexotic.com/bio_jenkins.htm He is extremely competent in reptiles. So feel free to call him or review his Bio the link is right there. I can Scan and post the diagnosis report he gave me from the fecal smear. As for the sexing, my vet popped them and said they both look like males but when they get a little older I will have them probed to be sure and if he was wrong I will amend my Boi post.

I fed these snakes a week after I got them and the stool was loose. I thought it strange so the following week I feed them again and same deal. By now I am pretty sure they have a parasite load. These snakes have been in quarantine since they got here. I made an appointment for the vet and got them in after that. I didn't e-mail you earlier because I wasn't going to accuse you of anything until a medical professional confirmed what I suspected. I don't want anything from you, you sold me sick animals, no matter what you say you are full of shit and I am going to put you out there for it. I saw the negative BOI thread with the RI of the bearded dragon before I sent you any money. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Look bottom line None of my collection is sick or has been sick and I keep a very clean house. You sent me two snakes that had loose stool from there first poop. Then I saw the add for that nice Will bird Jag you were selling I clicked on the pic to make it larger. Bill that was one dirty ass tub you had there which confirmed it for me if you were not even going to clean the tub before you take the pic to try to sell the snake I can only imagine how it looks the rest of the time. Maybe its because you are out of town so much there buddy you do not have not time to take care of your animals.

I am glad you have been in herpetology for so long but, I don't really give a shit how long you have been doing this. You sold me sick animals bottom line, Bill I am really a nice guy I would have love nothing more than to say how great a transaction I had with you. I have no interest in making you look bad past informing the internet reptile community of my experience with you. If there was even a question in my mind on whether the animals had this parasite load before they came to me I would have never posted it to the BOI. You know what if you would have apologized to me owned up to any of this. I would have amendend that BOI to a much more favorable view. YOu know whats funny when you said that all the stuff I said on the BOI wasn't cool I was thinking the same thing about how you did me.

Chuck

Old 06-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
1snakeman1
Its too bad that some people like to get on here and try to make things up and bad mouth breeders because they had something go wrong with their animals and have no where else to go to make the blames...I have been into reptiles for 40 years and worked in 3 major ZOOs in the herpetology dept. I keep very clean cages and also quarantine any animal before they enter my collection...
***These jungles were no exception, they were quarantined and came up clean..
***As Chuck stated in his email to me, "I understand you are not obligated to do any thing here as they have been out of you hand a little while" and i only point this out because he knows that he had these jungles over a month and thats long enough to infect them himself (who know what his husbandry is like????)
***Chuck said that he saw a picture of another ad I had for a jaguar and that the cage was dirty..Well, thats a down right lie!!!....I take pictures of the snakes for sale in a photo tub that is used only for pictures so its as cleans as you can get!!!
***They were popped sexed to be a pair by three breeders..His vet popped them but wasnt sure so he recommends probing them later to be sure...but if you know what you are doing, popping is 100% accurate.
***Chuck said that I never told him that i bought them from a breeder that bought them from Andrew...Thats a lie again!!! I told him that these trophy jungles were going to be very nice and that they were hand picked by the guy that I got them from!
***Chuck emailed me for their exact size and I emailed those lengths, so should be no surprise to him on their lengths..
***Chuck writes me an email over a month after he gets the snakes while Im in West Texas on a snake outing and gets mad because I didnt answer his email right away..
***After Chuck received them, he wrote back that they were smaller than he thought but liked them...Again I emailed him their lengths...
***Chuck forgot to mention that I let him give me a deposit and held them for over two weeks waiting for the rest of the money!!

Bottom line****
He bought the pair and it is a pair, he paid me in full after 2 weeks of the depoist..He received them and was happy....He never notiftied me that there was a problem until over a month passed..He makes thing up to make me look bad..and yes, i didnt appreciate that at all and neither would any of you!!!

I have been breeding and selling reptiles for over 25 years and have sold thousands of reptiles and I back my them up and have taken care of all my customers all this time...
I have had only two complaints on me out of these thousands of sales.... THIS ONE and a breaded dragon sale back in 2003 where a guy called (herpcondo)contacted me 6 days after receiving the pair and saying one had a respiratory problem...He said that there werent any heat packs in the box but that wasnt true, I always use heat packs and he failed to mention that he wasnt home on delivery day like he said he would and the driver place the box on the snowy pouch!!!

I stand by all my reptiles and guarantee sexes...BUT if you have you think you have a problem with one of my animals...you need to notify me right away....not over a month later!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #7
lanceheads
Hey Bill, you weren't in Del Rio hunting were you?
Randal

Old 06-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #8
John E Dove
Mr. Corwin or Mr. Poland,
To the knowledge of either of you were these snakes ever fed live or fresh killed rodents?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
1snakeman1
Hi John, I feed all my snakes frozen mice and rats...I even freeze the lizards before I use them for scenting...
Bill

Old 06-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #10
chuck76
I will post the whole e-mail our conversation when I get home from work but there was no mention of these snakes coming from another large breeder. I still want to know the name of that larger breeder.

I feed all my animals F/T rats, and I purchase all my food from the mouse factory, which cost me a little more but I have great faith in them, and these jungles were separated from my collection and the rest of my animals are in great health.

This is true Bill I didn't e-mail you until about a month after the jungles were in my care about the parasites. The fact is that I noticed the loose stool after the first feeding which was a ware so they could settle in. I thought it suspicious but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. after another week I feed them again, and again loose stool now I a pretty sure they have a parasite load. I feed them one more time and same thing so I made an appointment with the vet, so he can confirm my suspicions. Now lets say I did jump to conclusions and e-mailed you saying you sold me a parasite infected animals what would you have done? I didn't see the point at that stage of the game. So I waited until my vet confirmed it under a microscope. Then I let you know, as for that jag tub I know what I saw and I know how these animals came to me. This is really only your word vs mine I have no reason that makes sense to make you look bad other than you sent me sick snakes. I mean if I had sick animals in my collection and I made these jungles sick why in the hell would I make a big deal on the BIO forum about it.

About the two jungles both being males My vet popped them and said they both looked like males to him. I have said it before if down the road I am wrong I will publicly apologize to you I don't know what else to say about that. I trust my vet he has been a vet for a long time.

I said this before and I will say it again. Bill I would have loved nothing more than to write a great post about our transaction, but I only told the truth and people who read this can decide for themselves.

Chuck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!