Dan Poe & Dan Lubinsky - Worst of the Unethical Worst - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
Chris@TSE
Dan Poe & Dan Lubinsky - Worst of the Unethical Worst

I am sure many of you have read the thread that started in the Leopard Gecko Discussion forum. This subject did NOT belong there, and should have been moved to the BOI in my opinion yet the topic and information in the begining oof the thread did not warrent such a move.

Please refer to the thread here and continue as you see fit. These individuals have alot to answer for and should be avoided at ALL COSTS. Both have lied regarding this matter and it has been well documented.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Jim O
Chris,

Can you post a link to the original thread to make it easier to find it later on?

Thanks.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
jenn
Since this thread was started, i thought that the two in question were bad people. Now that they can't seem to sut the hell up they are even worse than a lot of us knew. I feel that Alex has EVERY right to be pissed off at these two little trolls! And i think that these two should answer to everything that was asked of them and then some.

So like Chris said avoid these two rip off artists at all cost, because aparently the only thing these two looser believe in is the ALMIGHTY dollor. Not ethics, nor their animals.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
cthulhu77
After a long afternoon of finishing some furniture pieces, I thought I would come in , crack a beer, and read something interesting...I couldn't make it through all 58-odd pages, but...good heavens! What were they thinking???
Glad you brought this to the BOI, as I never read the leopard gecko stuff...would never have known! Thanks!
greg

Old 03-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
Jim O
Nevermind. I see the link. Sorry for the double post.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:31 PM   #6
Chris@TSE
A quick rundown......

Between 11/28/04 and 12/14/04 Dan Poe contacted Alex Hue NUMEROUS times about possibly purchasing a Mack Line Co-Dominant Snow Leopard Gecko.

Many of you know that this is a VERY new project and Alex has taken great steps to ensure everyone who invests in this project is protected. He has screened potential buyers with a proverbial battery of questions to determine who would best suit this lines potential by the purchasers intent.

For multiple reasons, Dan Poe was denied. Considering a buyer reserves the right to deny sales this is a cut and dry situation.

That did not stop Dan Poe.

Literally days pass and Dan Lubinsky contacts Alex Hue regarding a Mack Snow Purchase on the 12/16/04. A mere 48 hours after Dan Poe recieved his final denial. How ironic. He tells Alex everything he wants to hear in order to seal the potential purchase and mentions nothing of Dan Poe.

At this point his intentions are not clear and seem genuine, Alex proceed to begin a transaction. On 1/05/04 the animal is shipped overnight through UPS to Dan Lubinsky and he recieves it the morning of 1/06/04.

A special note, the specimen Dan Lubinsky purchases is the EXACT same one Dan Poe was interested in. Again, how ironic.

Dan Lubinsky voices concern on 1/07/04 about a discrepincy in the weight of the animal and is offered a 100% refund by alex. He declines and keeps the animal. Or so we thought.........

On 1/10/05, LITERALLY FOUR DAYS AFTER THE ANIMAL HAD ARRIVED, DAN LUBINSKY SHIPS THE SPECIMEN TO DAN POE! (After pairing with a few of his females of course)

And AGAIN, how ironic.

In the begining they both stated they were not in league. As conversations progressed this proved to be a lie. Mr. Lubinsky cited issues regarding a potential sports car purchase in the fall and claimed he decided to sell the animal. It was never posted or offered for sale publicly and within days it was shipped and sold. Later they state they DID have a prior arangement, but it was simply a breeding loan....

There are MANY MANY more details to this story, including some VERY frightening information about possible protazoan infections in one or both of thier collections. Both have also exercized comeple and total lack of respect for fellow breeders and have tried twisting all of these facts to thier benifit or simply ignoring or denying allegations.

This will not stand, and the truth WILL be heard. Regardless of which, both can not and WILL not be trusted..

I'll let the others involved in this discussion elaborate more on the details.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:32 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
Jim, the link is in the 2nd paragraph - the word "here" with the underline but fhere is the link seperated out.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...6&page=1&pp=20

Old 03-21-2005, 06:32 PM   #8
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Nevermind. I see the link. Sorry for the double post.
No problem at all Jim!

Old 03-21-2005, 06:32 PM   #9
jenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Chris,

Can you post a link to the original thread to make it easier to find it later on?

Thanks.
Jim all you should do is click on the word here with the underline

Old 03-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #10
Jim O
Thank you both/all for your assistance. When I read "Please refer to the thread here and continue as you see fit." I thought that "here" was underlined to emphasize that it should remain "here" as in here on the BOI. My bad. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!