Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom (scarnicom) stole my milk money! (and killed my milk snake) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
Sirengarg
[quote=Yaz23;1045173]Wanted to throw out there, why would you put "KEEP COOL" on the box? Was the carrier supposed to put it on an ice block in the plane?

Another thing, why would you cover the box in holes anyway? The 50+ times I have shipped animals I have never put 1 hole in the box. Use correctly labeled boxes, insulation on sides/top/bottom, crumbled newspaper surrounding the snake bag/delicup inside the box and then a heatpack/coolpack if needed. No holes necessary, the corners on the box will be enough (as long as you dont cover the corners of the box with tape).[/QUOTE

Sadly those who don't know how to ship snakes were shocked when I told them that "no, no holes in the box". A properly insulated box won't need holes number one and number two, the holes could allow for an escape. But still, people think they need to have breathing holes.

This is so sick and sad. And 100% avoidable if the man had any common sense in his head. What was he smoking???

Old 08-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #12
navigator1998
This seller owes you a full refund! No questions ask, reason 1 and the main reason is because ups DOES NOT SHIP SNAKES AT ALL !! SO WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG AND I WOULD ALSO REPORT HIM TO UPS SO THAT THEY MAY SUSPEND HIS SHIPPING RIGHTS. Sorry this happened to this poor snake. Good Luck

Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #13
chamgirl99471
This situation is beyond gross! That poor snake suffered an entirely stressful and drawn out death.. Poor thing So sorry to hear about this situation.. there is no excuse in the world to treat an animal like that let alone a customer

One thing that will go a long way in the business is Customer Service and this guy totally lacks that quality! I can't believe he would go against The shipping policies that way and risk EVERYONE's Shipping rights. Do you have a copy of the Cashiers Check that you sent him? Also... How did you send the money.. Priority or just First Class? The reason I ask is because if you sent it Priority and still have the receipt then you might get a response from the Post Office requarding Fraud if he doesn't respond and take care of this. Just a suggestion although I don't know if it would do any good in this case but maybe

I feel bad for you and worse for the poor snake who suffered needlessly during the trip.. Hope you get something back from this transaction as it is fully deserved! You've been very professional in your contacts with him and him not responding makes me think this was his intention all along. Good Luck and Keep us Informed.

Just my opinion.. thanks for reading

Old 08-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
Yaz23
Definitley agree Crystal, holes allow for an escape as well. Not sure what he was smoking either lol

Old 08-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
chamgirl99471
He was on here this morning... Have you PMed him a link to this thread or just the text? Obviously he has a way of communication so there is no excuse for him not to respond to you. Just a suggestion.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
Abby
Wow, so sorry Brad That poor snake! I hope Stephen makes this right for you.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #17
Sirengarg
I must also say, love the title of the thread, very witty

Old 08-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #18
brd7666
Any chance the OP could post better pics of the dead snake. From everything I've read, it sounded like the seller only claimed to have one of these milk snakes. The pics in this ad I am posting a link to, and the pic of the dead snake, don't appear to be the same snake. If that is the case, the snake shipped was more then likely dead before he ever shipped it. It was probably in his freezer. That would explain the two day shipping method. He knew it would not arrive alive, so he didn't worry about it. Here is a link to his ad. Is this the ad for the snake you bought? Don't worry if he deletes it. I have it all saved anyway.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=183406

Old 08-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #19
jfreels
Agreed, it doesn't look like the same snake to me either, just roughly judging by the banding.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
brd7666
I decided to post all of the screen shots of his ad up here since someone else aggrees with me. So, now if the seller deletes his ad, this will still be here.

Here is the only pic from the OP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!