For all you uromastyx lovers out there something different - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
Digby Rigby
Exclamation For all you uromastyx lovers out there something different

these are unretouched photos and in the pics they have been in the country maybe an hour off the plane.

I hardly come to this forum so If I dont respond please send a PM

DigbyRigby@exoticfeeders.com

Read my book "How I Lost Weight & Look Great On the Uro Diet"

Old 12-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #2
JoshuaTrana
So what kind of uro would this be exactly?

Old 12-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
Lucille
They are gorgeous. You ought to start posting on this forum, Digby, and talking about your uros.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
Digby Rigby
Exclamation They aren't uros

They are Uracentron azureum. They come from the forest canopy in South America. They are insect eaters. I posted here because they didnt fit any other category of forum. I have more pics in my gallery.

http://exoticfeeders.com/gallery/thu...s.php?album=18

Old 12-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
JoshuaTrana
How much do one of those run?

Old 12-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
Digby Rigby
Exclamation Like potato chips you cant have just one!

Since winter of 2004 we have been selling these. My supplier pays the Indians to follow the loggers around and when they cut a tree the Indians retrieve whatever they find. I only sell whole lots of them meaning however many come in that year I sell as a whole group. I want these to breed in captivity and since they arent accurately sexed whole groups are the way to go. Animals like these rare beauties should be encouraged to breed. One alone is a waste. I did however sell one once. Five came in and one had mysteriously vanished. It turned up a few months later. I sold it to the one who had bought that years group. In general the more I have available the higher price I get per each. Meaning I can get more per animal selling a whole group of say 6 rather than 2. Do you want to see more pics? Tell me I will post.

Get my book "Everything I Know About Reptile Husbandry Came From Tropical Fish Husbandry and Indoor Hydroponic Gardening"

Old 12-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
Lucille
Digby, I was interested in finding out more about these lizards because of their beauty. They are ant eaters, is that right? What I read shows that they are found in Peru.
I'm surprised that a critter that is that unusual and rare does not have some sort of export restriction.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
Digby Rigby
Talking Restrictions

These animals are legally imported. They are available once year. They eat insects and other arthropods that are proportionally small to their head. I dont know much about them. Neither, it seem does anyone else. I have only sold them as soon as they came in. Besides all laws have exemptions, waivers and or exceptions you just have to go through the process or better yet hire a professional

My feeders are cooler than your pets!

Old 12-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digby Rigby
Besides all laws have exemptions, waivers and or exceptions you just have to go through the process or better yet hire a professional
You mean like a lawyer?

Old 12-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #10
Digby Rigby
Red face Hiring a professional

I mean a professional who has experience and know how. You need plumbing worked on you hire a plumber, as an example. However we are getting away from the topic of this thread which is about the lizards If you would please either start a new thread in an approriate forum here or send a private message. As I stated before I have people import and do everything I merely sell them as a broker. So I dont know the process I concentrate on doing what I love and let others handle things that would take time away from the animals. You can always make money, you cant make time

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!