New enclosures now beardies acting weird! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #1
Brenda777
New enclosures now beardies acting weird!

If I didn't know it I would say 2 out of my 3 dragons are going through brumation. I know it can't be because they are not a year old yet. Every since I got new enclosures from showcasecages.com and had to change my lighting my dragons have not been the same. My male will hide in his sleep spot under the paper towel until I move him to the heat side most of the time. My one female will sit up top on the driftwood were she sleeps all day under the reptisun light bulb so she doesn't get warm like she should. The other female will sit most of the time under the basking light but doesn't shed as fast since I change bulbs. I have had them for a while now in this new enclosure so I thought they would get used to it by now. But they seem to have changed only since the new enclosures. I am not sure what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Rebel Dragons
It could just be that they are slowing down for the year. Their natural clocks are telling them to slow down and reserve energy. Being young they probably won't go through a deep brumation but they will slow down a bit. As long as your temps and all that good stuff are where they should be, I wouldn't panic.

Keep offering them food and water daily but expect to see a slight decrease in consumption. They'll probably just nibble on things for a while until they "wake up".

Let us know how they are doing in a couple weeks.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
Brenda777
All the temps are good and they still eat. The one doesn't eat very much and they don't eat their greens as much as they did. They are still gaining weight so I just will keep checking. Thanks for the info.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!