Why won't she eat?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
IloveSnakes1234
Why won't she eat?!

I just got my beautiful female leo 2 days ago, but she won't eat her mealworms! I'm going mad because, from what I read and heard, she should eat mealworms and crickets. She'll only eat the crickets. Is it imprtant for her to eat mealworms? Can she stay on only crickets? Or is there some method I should use to feed her? Another thing I noticed is she won't drink, or atleast I don't see her do it. She doesn't seem to be active at night.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
bandit42
first of all not all leos like mealworms...i have geckos that will only eat mealworms and some that wont touch them. It is not a problem..she will do fine on just crickets..but try introducing mealworms to her at a different time. Most of the time you will not see your geckos drink they are nocturnal and do a lot of exploring when you are asleep. Hope this helped.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit42
first of all not all leos like mealworms...i have geckos that will only eat mealworms and some that wont touch them. It is not a problem..she will do fine on just crickets..but try introducing mealworms to her at a different time. Most of the time you will not see your geckos drink they are nocturnal and do a lot of exploring when you are asleep. Hope this helped.
Thanks for the quick reply, I thought I was going crazy!
But, since she won't eat them how many crickets should I give? She usually will eat 10-12 .

Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
bandit42
i feed mine as many as they will eat in 30 minutes. Whatever they dont eat i take out and feed them the next night.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
lecoiskin
Tip: give her a couple of crickets, then in between crickets throw a mealworm and see what happens. Sometimes they take the mealworm by mistake and ralize its not that bad. Another thing that helps is to offer the mealworm pointing its head to the gecko. Because in their behind they produce musk and it´s odor is not very nice.
Feed them all she can eat in 10 minutes. IMO

Old 06-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecoiskin
Tip: give her a couple of crickets, then in between crickets throw a mealworm and see what happens. Sometimes they take the mealworm by mistake and ralize its not that bad. Another thing that helps is to offer the mealworm pointing its head to the gecko. Because in their behind they produce musk and it´s odor is not very nice.
Feed them all she can eat in 10 minutes. IMO
I tried all of that. Didn't work at all. She likes to take food in her hide. I put one in and she just got out and went to the other one. When I put it in front of her, she either bites me or just licks the mealworm and goes away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!