Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 06:44 PM   #51
HerpVenue
Nice freakin attitude.
people are just trying to be helpful.
Then all of a sudden people are teen agers.
Well guess what? This teenager can think for himself.
I do not need to go to"big breeders" to ask them what satisfaction guaranteed means.

Here is the short and sweet.
You guys agreed on a male Reverse striped for under $500
If you produced one....He needs to fork over the money.
If you did not produce...or it is not available....YOU, need to fork over the money.

p.s a little hint. M3 does not have a reverse stripe. I do not care how many "big breeders" names you produce and flaunt. It still does not have a reverse stripe. That fact will remain a fact.

make sure you ask them what satisfaction or your money back means. Good luck to you.

Quote:
Hello Drew,

Certainly you can get your money back. There are only a few that are full reverse tail stripes. Quite a few have very unique tails with a partial reverse stripe. So far you'd be the first to but a deposit down and I'm only gonna keep one of the reverse stripes and it has both forms of stripe so it would have cost quite a bit if I were to sell it. This is a genetic trait that is carried by all of these animals. Any of the siblings even if they don't show any striping themselves can throw full stripe babies. Last year there were four head to tail stripes in the litter. YOu just never know what to expect with the stripes. Thats one of the reasons I like them, that and all are unique from each other. You can keep this email as a contract. It is as legal and binding as a written contract of any type. Let me know what you want to do. I'm sending you a link to my kingsnake gallery where most of the animals I've got for sale are located. I've also got a 66% dh for snow circleback yearling for sale that isn't pictured. I'm also expecting babies of the following: albino burmese pythons, Diamond/ Jungle carpet pythons, Mexican black tail boas, Jungle boas, and normal boas siblings to the jungles (normal looking sibllings to the jungles have been known to produce junglles). Let me know. Here's the link: http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/inde...cat=500&thumb=1

Drew wrote:

If I put a deposit down and if there is no more reverse stripe can I get my money back. Thanks Drew

if you do not know what the right thing to do is....and you have to go ask your "big breeder" friends what is the right thing...... nevermind( no more comment from this teenager)

Old 04-29-2003, 06:51 PM   #52
HerpVenue
Quote:
OK enough. If you wish to investigate you'll find that there have been 33 posts other than Drew and myself the two involved. Out of the 33 posts 7 have posted only once, that leaves 26 posts by six individuals. They have a combined amount of posts of over three thousand posts since feb of 2002. Who that doesn't live with mamma anymore and is an adult has the time to post close to 2000 posts (which one of these people has done) in a years time? I'm sorry but if you check at this board you'll see how a teenager, who I came on this board to protect screwed me and caused me to be alittle doughtfull of all that is printed.

gee steve... I guess you did not like my comments on your animals. Because I reregistered on February 2002. and I have close to 2000 posts.

here are facts for you steve.
In your e-mails it clearly states he wants a reverse stripe male for under 500
You have two. one of them is sold and the other you refuse to give up.
The others you are trying to pawn off on him ...may have the gene but are not expressing it. Read your e-mails and your so called binding contract e-mail. Then decide what to do.

Don't be mad because this 32 year old teenager knows his rights from his wrongs and don't need to hold "big breeders" hand to figure it out.

Old 04-29-2003, 06:55 PM   #53
Bobby Douglass
Steve, I really don't think you're trying to rip anybody off. If the e-mails Drew posted are accurate then it is obvious that he wanted a reverse striped male from the very beginning. If you do not have a satisfactory male reverse striped boa available for the price you gave him then you really do have a moral obligation to refund his deposit. If those six breeders that you're talking about come here and post that that M3 male you have available is the best looking reverse striped boa they've ever seen and that it's definately worth the $450 dollar price will that mean that Drew is satisfied with it, which is what you have guaranteed? I think you're a good guy, I just don't think you're looking at this situation correctly.

Old 04-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #54
sputnik
SUMS IT UP

Rich, I think your quote sums it up in two lines.

Quote:
if you do not know what the right thing to do is....and you have to go ask your "big breeder" friends what is the right thing...... nevermind
This guy says he's been business since 1964 I think it was, yet he needs to contact big breeders to find out what the right thing to do is. Shouldn't he already know after being in business this long?

Sends a message to all possible customers doesn't it?

Message being I know what the right thing to do is, I just don't do it.

I think the damage he has done to his busniess now far out weighs the $100 deposit. Kinda stupid really.

The attitude (Immature) surfaces when it is obvious things are not going his way.

Again it comes back to "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back"

Old 04-29-2003, 07:00 PM   #55
HerpVenue
Quote:
Hey Drew,
You've got the first pic buddy.
Call most anytime, I've just been alittle under the weather lately. All have shed for the first time and will be fed today for their first meal. I'll keep you informed.
I was wondering,
Drew has first Pic.
Drew does not have his animal yet.
But m6 which is the only Other male with a good stripe.......I wonder how it got sold?

Old 04-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #56
The BoidSmith
No comment

Drew,

Thanks for posting the missing e-mails. They certainly helped.

Steve,

I'm sorry but no matter how many breeders you list in here the fact remains, M3 does not have a reverse stripe. Statements like "shows the genetics" are misleading. You are probably seeing something we don't. I have heard from only one individual that claims he can tell an hetero boa from a normal just by the looks of it.

Regards.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #57
sputnik
"shows the genetics"

"Shows the genetics" are misleading and goes along the same line as possibly gravid that you see in so many adverts to try to get a quick sale.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:14 PM   #58
The BoidSmith
I almost forgot!

I don't doubt that at least 5 out of your six references might be able to post on this thread. I'm not sure if they will all agree that M3 is a reverse stripe boa though. The sixth one has yet to post for the first time on a different thread, before posting on this one. Hope you are able to see our point.

Regards.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:20 PM   #59
HerpVenue
I forgot to say something as well

There are classifieds and countless other forums to post in.
Just so you know there is more to this site than the BOI.
This is faunaclassifieds. It has a lot of other forums.
You can discuss business practices in the general business forum.
You can post jokes in the just for laughs forum.
you can post BS in the BS forum.
you can sound off in the sound off forum.
you can sell your animals in the for sale section.
you can tell people what animal you are looking for in the wanted forum.
you can post pics in the post your pictures forum
you can ask for breeding advice in the animals respective forum.
Just a little FYI to the person(s) who think only the BOI exists here.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:26 PM   #60
A Forgotten Realm
Look at what he said "if there are no more reverse stripe can I get my money back"? where do you see male reverse stripe? Iv'e talked to Doug Matuszak quote " F--k these kids, I don't know anybody that pays attention to the BOI anymore. I talked to Brian Sharp Quote " don't get into a pissing match with these people who have come out of the woodwork and don't buy sell or have any animals. Basically both have told me to give back the deposit as soon as M3 sells. That is what I'm gonna do.
Sincerely,
Steve Ori
A Forgotten Realm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread