cold BP in the mail. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #11
irishanaconda
I live in arizona and have now shipped a few times from hot (90 deg or more) to a little cooler areas. I did not use heat packs in the last 2 and everything was fine. The temp here in Az can fluctuate by 50+ deg or more and a 60 deg night can turn crazy hot in just a few hours.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #12
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Just make sure you secure the heat to the lid so it's not laying on the snake.
Have to be careful with heat packs and delicups. The only snake I have ever received dead was because it was taped to the lid of a delicup. The delicup turns into a oven. The snake temped at 100 degrees. I usually ship in bags with the heat pack on the news paper so it does not come in contact with the snake directly. Also with a delicup, even though the shippers are always extremely careful with packages, the snake can bounce around in it where a bag with packing around it offers less bouncing.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy F View Post
Have to be careful with heat packs and delicups. The only snake I have ever received dead was because it was taped to the lid of a delicup. The delicup turns into a oven. The snake temped at 100 degrees. I usually ship in bags with the heat pack on the news paper so it does not come in contact with the snake directly. Also with a delicup, even though the shippers are always extremely careful with packages, the snake can bounce around in it where a bag with packing around it offers less bouncing.
Oh dear god, lol, I did not mean the deli cup lid! Thanks Randy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!