uvb light for sulcata - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
bab310
uvb light for sulcata

I was wondering if anybody had suggestions on what the best uvb light would be for a Sulcata???I was looking at a zoo med repti sun 10.0 florescent, would that be a good product?
Thanks in advance.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
baybay
That is an OK product but i would go with a t-rex mercury vapor bulb because htey pprovide a good amount of heat and produce high uvb.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
Lucille
Depending on the size of your enclosure, you have to be careful with mercury vapor bulbs because they produce a LOT of heat.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
monkeywrench133
If your enlcosure already has sufficient heat for the sulcatta, and you only need a UVB source, then yes, the 10.0 would be a good choice. Just remember, fluorescent bulbs only have an effective lifespan of about 6 months. They'll still give off light after that, but not UVB, so they need to be replaced every six months. Personally, I use the Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 for my torts, and I've been very happy with them.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

I agree, a reptisun 10 flourescent tube UVB light is better than the reptiglo 10 flourescent tube UVB light. The T-rex & the Megaray mercury vapor bulb are very good since they put out UVB & heat together.

Tracie

Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Cheryl5
I order the Mega Ray bulbs, they are both heat and UVB combined and are awesome. I have a Eastern Box Turtle and a Hermanns Tortoise.
You can take a look at them online at Reptile UV. Not sure if I can add the link but if you Google that you'll find the site and you can read about them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!