Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 206 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:23 AM   #2051
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I agree with Rich: The best thing to do would be to send her either the money or the tegu and be done with the whole thing. Ty's got a lot of balls in the air and unlike some, I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he's handled this situation horribly, though, and I do think that how you handle a bad situation is - at the end of the day - more reflective on you than what good you do.
Only problem I see with this is Michelle now deserves MORE than the original prize she entered the raffel for. She should now get whatever expenses she's spent trying to collect and seeing how greedy Park's is, that will never happen unless a judge orders Park's to pay it. She's won the case once it gets to court, but I want to see her get her expenses paid besides. That a****** took it this far to hurt her in the pocket book and I want to see it blow up in his face.

As far as a 'bad guy' .... I doubt he'll have the respect he had before all of this happened and many will now spend their lizard-money elsewhere.

Seriously, who would take the chance with dealing with him after seeing and hearing about this thread ? I certainly wouldn't spend $20.00 with him.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #2052
yeloowtang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
AllisonLeigh, how would you feel about someone who called you dishonest or shady?
I can't answer for her of course, but myself, if a situation like that would happen and I must say most of everyone I know.

I would for starters do everything I can to prove them wrong and make them feel at ease.
that's by sending pictures, answering questions and respecting that person. I've never been called a liar or scamy but have had people ask many questions and requesting photos when buying an expensive snake.
they are after all, sending $$ to a stranger.
I even have a customer now that is waiting on the weather to warm up before I send the snakes to her, well, I answer questions, send her pic updates, videos of the snakes eating..I do absolutely everything I can to make her feel good about the wait and transaction. something Ty could have done by simple saying OK I will send you one of the purples.I just need your address.

unfortunately, Ty's way of dealing with this was to ignore important questions and simply not supplying her with a picture of what he had decided to send her. He did everything in his possible power to create problems. At the start of all this, all she ever asked for was a picture or to know who he intended to flip from. He how ever made sure to post a picture of the person who got HER prize just to rub it in more !!!
I totally agree with your point about, what's in it for him giving 3000$ cash. It's much better to give out a lizard that in the end, lets face it, is free for him.
and with the lies Ty made, games he played, the doubt he set in her mind, the absolute no she got twice for getting a T+. anyone would lose trust in someone, no matter how great they are said to be.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #2053
EdwardK
Quote:
If Michelle had been more respectful, She would have something right now. Some people feel that Michelle had every right to be doubtful, and ask for pictures etc...it did not serve her very well.
So when did it become required for a person to be respectful in order to be awarded a prize that they were entitled to receive? You keep circling back to this while saying both parties didn't handle it well. Why aren't you also focusing on Ty's lack of respect to the OP? If he had shown her the respect due what is effectively a customer, she would have had the prize and it wouldn't be the big issue at this time. He could ban her from future raffles or even refuse sales from her, but once payment was accepted he had an obligation regardless of comments by the OP.

Once the money was sent, if she won, she was due her prize as outlined in the raffle rules, regardless of attitude or comments or any other actions on her part. She did win, and Ty took it upon himself to change the rules and deny her the prize. It doesn't matter if she actually was rude to Ty, she won the prize. To continue to stress the whole "respect" angle is simply a way to excuse Ty from having to award the prize to a winner (any winner) as no one can know what another person may decide is disrespectful if they decide they have cause.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-08-2017, 12:46 PM   #2054
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
AllisonLeigh, how would you feel about someone who called you dishonest or shady?
How would I feel about them, or how would I treat them?

1. If someone implied that I was dishonest or shady, I would look at my behavior and try to put myself in the other person's shoes. That way I can tell if something I did could have caused this feeling in the other person. Had Ty done that, we wouldn't be here.

2. Even if the person said to me "I regret entering into this agreement with you as I believe you are shady and dishonest and I don't like you" for no reason I would fulfill the agreement as was previously dictated and make note that this person probably isn't someone I want to deal with in the future.

How I feel about someone, and how I treat them in a business transaction such as the one between Ty and Michelle, are completely different things. For example, I hate dealing with phone calls. As a programmer I find them distracting and a time waste when we could do it in email and have clear documentation of the request. When I get contacted by phone for something I could have dealt with in email I may feel annoyed, but that's my problem, not the client's. Just as Ty's sensitivity over someone covering their butt in what was looking like a shady transaction (because it was) is his problem, not Michelle's.

I'm not arguing that Ty should invite Michelle to his 4th of July bbq, I'm saying he should have fulfilled the business transaction he dictated the terms of.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #2055
Lucille
One cannot change the past. We seem to be stuck there, dredging and pointing, and I certainly was no different but maybe it is time to think about future possibilities. Maybe, everyone can be happy, or happier than they are now at least.

What can be done so that Ty and Michelle are closer to a decent agreement? All of y'all who are married or in close relationships or who are responsible for company business agreements know that when parties come together to arrange a deal, no one gets everything they want.

Going forward, what are some proposals that might satisfy both Ty and Michelle? They can't each get the whole pie, how can it be cut so each of them feels the arrangement is fair?

Speaking of pie, a story from when I was little: When there was one piece of cake or pie or whatever that had to be divided between the three of us, one person a different one each time, would cut the pieces, and the other two got to choose their pieces first, and the divider got what was left. This assured amazingly equal portions.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #2056
MesoCorney
Does the fact that the prize we are talking about here is a living being, not change things a little? I agree that someone is better off fulfilling an agreement than let pride win out when dealing in inanimate objects. In my opinion if you are selling an animal you have extra responsibility to make sure that animal ends up in a good environment. I am not saying that you will always succeed, but one should certainly always strive for this. I guess that is why I am confused about why are upset about Ty trying to test Michelle. I know if I had seconds thoughts about selling someone an animal I would certainly try to apply some sort of test to gauge their worthyness. Now was this Ty's intention? Only he can say for sure.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #2057
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
Does the fact that the prize we are talking about here is a living being, not change things a little? I agree that someone is better off fulfilling an agreement than let pride win out when dealing in inanimate objects. In my opinion if you are selling an animal you have extra responsibility to make sure that animal ends up in a good environment. I am not saying that you will always succeed, but one should certainly always strive for this. I guess that is why I am confused about why are upset about Ty trying to test Michelle. I know if I had seconds thoughts about selling someone an animal I would certainly try to apply some sort of test to gauge their worthyness. Now was this Ty's intention? Only he can say for sure.
Please show where the worthiness or quality of her care was tested.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #2058
EdwardK
Quote:
You do realize that none of the tests applied were any indication of the care or husbandry experience of the purchaser of the raffle tickets much less the ability to care for the animal? Since there was no requirement set forth in the raffle rules and there clearly wasn't any attempt to discern her ability to care for the animal post raffle, we can easily discount this argument.

some comments

Ed

Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #2059
Guy Castro
Quote:
Does the fact that the prize we are talking about here is a living being, not change things a little?
Could you explain how you feed and water $3000?

Old 06-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #2060
yeloowtang
there's nothing to be confused about because Ty did not try to test her about the care of the animal. Some of his facebook followers did accuse her all kinds of things.
Ty invented this greed story and said he wanted to (lets use your word for it) test her and see how greedy she was. because she dared ask that he respect his terms and give her the 3000$ in cash because he did not produce any albino blue tegus.
so TY tried to squirm his way out of that by wanting to buy and flip someone else's tegus. Her ability to care for it was not what he was doing.

he set terms to lure people into buying 100$ tickets for a chance to win one of HIS, not just any tegu. when he wanted to pull a switch and she didn't like that, again she never said NO, she asked who it would come from and can I have pictures ..
every single possible things Ty could have done to work it out, He failed at it. He's the one who stubbornly refused to answer simple questions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu