Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 208 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #2071
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think this idea has a lot of merit. Both parties would gain from such a solution.
I personally wouldn't want to bring in a Tegu from him at this point as he's proven to be quite vindictive (but that's just me). Of course, that is the terms of the raffle so... but with all his shenanigans up until now who would trust that animal? If given a choice, I'd be asking for the cash since we are now going on a year past the deadline of delivery that he stipulated in the draw, and his behavior has been proven to be quite untrustworthy.

Of course, in saying that, I would rather see both parties come to an agreement outside of court as it's summer and there are much better things to be doing with both of your time than sitting in a stuffy court room. If Michelle were to accept such an offer I would consider her the magnanimous one.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #2072
MesoCorney
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpulawski View Post
Meso would not Michelle wanting to know lineage or background say something about her as a keeper and Ty not providing that could be considered a red flag at which point perhaps more due diligence is in order. Hiding the lineage of an animal to find out the character of the recipient is absolutely absurd.
Unless there is something I missed he didn't promise any linage just a blue albino. He offered her a blue albino and she refused. Really if she was that concerned about lineage she should have purchased a high quality animal and reward the breeder for their hard work in producing it. She won an animal for much less than it was worth and then began to worry about lineage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloowtang View Post
then please clearly state what you think her mistake was ?? other than not trusting him after he told her he could have switched them with another breeder and she would have never known, or rightfully telling him hat it seemed shady because he wanted to switch the terms after the winners are named.
In my opinion her mistakes are entitlement, pride, and trying to bite the hand that feeds her. Before someone looses it, I can not say that I am not guilty of some on these things in my life, but that I how I see this situation. I think the answer is in the fact that he said this after she questioned his trustworthiness and only meant that he could have not would have. If he intended to do this he would not have let her know that he was getting them from someone else. Terms are pretty loose in this situation, as it is a text message, but in my opinion the only thing he promised was a blue albino tegu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If you are saying he made mistakes, how would you propose he fix those errors?
Well I think it seems to be a little late for that. That being said I understand the side of pride much more than then entitlement, so if I were in this situation I would probably end up in Ty's position. I would most likely regret it though and wish I had paid her the $3000.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:15 PM   #2073
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
Unless there is something I missed he didn't promise any linage just a blue albino. He offered her a blue albino and she refused. Really if she was that concerned about lineage she should have purchased a high quality animal and reward the breeder for their hard work in producing it. She won an animal for much less than it was worth and then began to worry about lineage.

Terms are pretty loose in this situation, as it is a text message, but in my opinion the only thing he promised was a blue albino tegu.
This explains a lot actually, it seems you missed some pretty pivotal screenshots from this thread that spelled out why Michelle felt she was entitled to what she is entitled to. I'd re-read the entire thread if I were you, to make sure you agree with your own argument after seeing all the facts.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:29 PM   #2074
Lucille
The parties themselves of course would have to be happy. But I believe Tim's proposal has merit, and it is going in the direction that I would hope everyone wants, agreement and peace.
Given that all of this is so high profile, I would think that Ty would want to give an animal he would be proud to see pictured here,but what they settle on and are happy with is the most important consideration and I think that if both parties are happy, both Ty and Michelle can go on to enjoy their summer instead of tangling and wrangling here.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #2075
MesoCorney
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
This explains a lot actually, it seems you missed some pretty pivotal screenshots from this thread that spelled out why Michelle felt she was entitled to what she is entitled to. I'd re-read the entire thread if I were you, to make sure you agree with your own argument after seeing all the facts.
As you seem to believe that he did promise lineage, could you point me to where it shows he does in this thread? This is a long thread and I am perfectly willing to admit that I could have missed something, but I would like to make my own conclusions about it. The text that says if I don't produce any is a little ambiguous to me as getting them from a friend could be considered producing them. Producing does not necessarily mean birthing from his own stock.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:38 PM   #2076
yeloowtang
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
I 100% agree with Allsion, you should seriously sit back and go read the first few pages and all the screen shots.
you clearly are missing some key info regarding the entire play out.

the part of entitlement, how is it a mistake on her part to expect getting the prize she's entitled too.
AND
He did in fact promise lineage by stating loud and clear a albino tegu produced by me or 3000$ if I don't have one.. and you are doing the same mistake Ty keeps doing by bouncing back and forth from the initial terms when he reeled the people in and the second one when they could buy tickets..

in the first one, he states as I mentioned, so he didn't produce the blue , he owes her 3000$ case close. And again he did say that HE produced himself. so I don't know how you perceive that , but that means from his lineage.

if he goes by the second one where he argues an albino is an albino and says, I did produce albinos, so she's not getting the 3000$ GUESS WHAT !! then he owes her the purple one because that's all he produced. he never should have told her NO

he can't have it both ways and sideways to please whatever argument he so chooses to go with.. ??

Old 06-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #2077
yeloowtang
Quote:
As you seem to believe that he did promise lineage, could you point me to where it shows he does in this thread? This is a long thread and I am perfectly willing to admit that I could have missed something, but I would like to make my own conclusions about it. The text that says if I don't produce any is a little ambiguous to me as getting them from a friend could be considered producing them. Producing does not necessarily mean birthing from his own stock.

I'm sorry but what you just said makes absolutely no sense at all.

when I sell my baby emerald tree boa CB that I produced and label them as produced by me. THAT is exactly what it means and what buyers are expecting.

and there's no doubt at all, that when Ty mentioned that, it's exactly what he was referring too, trying to play that any other way is simply ridicules.

if one of my buyers send me $$$ and I end up not having any left, I can't just go out and buy one off someone else to send to them. I fi do that and don't tell them, that is shady and scammy and dishonest ( ring a bell) so my duty is to give the money back and the buyer can chose WHO he wants to buy one from.
the little details might be slightly different, since she won and didn't buy, but the end result is the exact same. she won/bought to get one of HIS tegu.
how can you not get that part ???

so I think you need to go back and read all the screen shots, you'll be in for a surprise me thinks..

Old 06-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #2078
zovick
Quote:
I'm sorry, but when talking about breeding animals, it is very well understood that to "produce" an animal DOES mean to birth or breed it oneself from one's own stock, not to pull one from a hat like a magician.

Playing games with the semantics is simply foolish and obtuse when it is very plain to see what he actually meant.

Old 06-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #2079
AllisonLeigh
Quote:
Here's a statement directly from Ty where he says "I could have just bought a tegu from someone and shipped it to her and she would have no idea that it was not produced by me", therefore that shows he considers "produced" to mean bred by him specifically.

There are many, many, many more posts and I won't make all the people who have thoroughly read the thread suffer through the same info being repeated again and again when it is readily available. Hope that didn't come off rude, it's not intended to, I just think you would benefit from reading all the posts (even just the screenshots) to see why we all have come to the conclusions we have. I realize there is a lot to parse, but it's worth it to make sure the opinion you post is one you came to with all the available information.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #2080
bcr229
Quote:
As you seem to believe that he did promise lineage, could you point me to where it shows he does in this thread?
From Ty's own post #77 on page 8, showing his intent to offer animals he produced as prizes, he unilaterally changed the terms only after prizes had been won, and his refusal to tell her that he would go ahead and send the higher-priced animal because he wanted to see what kind of person she was:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=605338&page=8
Quote:
Originally Posted by typherp View Post
A good friend sent me a brief message while I was in the plane getting ready to takeoff, headed home to Chicago. The message simply said in entirety as follows:
When IRCF (International Reptile Conservation Foundation) was having difficulty with it's fund raising efforts to help save some of the critically endangered iguanas, I wanted to step up and help. After couple days of thinking, I decided that the best way for me to help them right away was to run a raffle for one of my most desired species (albino tegu) that would be produced in 2016. At this point in the year, I was mostly sold out of animals that I produced in 2015 and I was also tapped out on my giving to reptile related causes, which exceeded $50,000 in 2015.

I ran the idea by IRCF, which is a registered non-profit, and they agreed that we should give it a try. The idea was for me to donate 2 albino tegus to raffle off to raise funds. In addition, I also donated a third albino tegu to a donor who wanted to donate $2500 for one albino tegu---instead of participating in a raffle. We collectively raised more than $7500 (it might be closer to $9000.00 but I can't remember the exact figure at the moment) for IRCF.

What I forgot or didn't think about at the time of the raffle was that there are two types of albino tegu: one is typical albino which are T- albino and the other is highly priced T+ or Purple albino tegu. These were produced by breeding heterozygous blue tegus, so the outcome of which albino or how many by looking at the parents or the eggs are useless. I typically sell my T- albino blue Tegu's for $2500 and T+/purple albino blue tegus for $5000. In 2015, most of my albinos were T- with only two being hatched as T+, which I kept as future breeders. That result was what I was expecting in 2016 but it didn't turn out that way---all the albino tegus I produced were, to my surprise, T+ albinos. At this point, I decided to tell Michelle and others that, although I produced albino tegus, they were all expensive type and that I would buy 3 normal T- tegus from a friend to send to them. I could have just bought the tegus from a friend and shipped them without them knowing but I wanted to be honest and open. The other two winner and buyer was more than happy and gracious but not Michelle. She wanted the $3000 instead because "I didn't produce albino tegu"---which I clearly did. If she approached me and asked for money because she needed the money due to her financial need, I would have most likely to helped her by sending her the money but I felt that she was rather being greedy instead. At this point she started to inundate me with questions which I did not want to answer knowing what kind of person she was and that anything I say might be twisted by her to her advantage, so my answer to her was none or very short. I decided also that I would send her the tegu that I produced (T+ albino) since her contention was that she wanted one that I produced and not by someone else, but I didn't communicate that with her to the end because I wanted to see what kind of person she was and she was greedy to the end. I ask for her address twice so that I could ship her the tegu but she refused each time. After the second refusal, I decided to auction off the tegu I was going to ship her to raise more money for IRCF, which we did to the tune of more than $5000.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu