Attack Gecko at it again. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #11
CrazyRhacos
line it with styrafoam....like a shipping box...

Old 03-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
Albey
Hi Felicia,
Since you are just trying to protect her from hurting herself, why don’t you try covering her tub as soon as you walk into the room? Cut a piece of cardboard or something that will fit around the front of the tub to block out the light and shadows that could be created. When you leave take the cover off. This will of course not work if she is in a heavy traffic area but it might cut down on the attacks.

Good Luck,
Albey

Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 AM   #13
shadraak
that's what i was going to suggest, or tape up the outside so nothing can get thru, like with some brown paper or something, but then again you wouldn't know if she's attacking anything anymore or not so kind of hard to tell, maybe if you put another in there, does she attack it or calm down? maybe she's just lonely?? i know if i seperate my ferrets they go nuts but together they're as good as can be.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #14
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadraak
that's what i was going to suggest, or tape up the outside so nothing can get thru, like with some brown paper or something, but then again you wouldn't know if she's attacking anything anymore or not so kind of hard to tell, maybe if you put another in there, does she attack it or calm down? maybe she's just lonely?? i know if i seperate my ferrets they go nuts but together they're as good as can be.

LOL I would know if she does it. She makes a loud thud when she hits the tub, you can't miss it. LOL It took me a while to figure out what it was when she started. The funny thing I just realized is that she started doing it around the time I started pairing up the breeders. HHHMMMM I wonder if she's trying to figure out why she didn't get a stud of her own, and is showing how upset she is. LOL

Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #15
BalloonzForU
Thanks Albey. I'm working on something. I've got some PVC sheets on the way to build some more racks. I may make a little door to cover the side of her tub with.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #16
Lizard Lair
Wink

If all else fails and you can't change her behavior, maybe you could soften her impact by taping bubble wrap around the inside of her cage? I know that sounds strange, but maybe it would give her mouth a chance to heal.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 PM   #17
BalloonzForU
Bubble wrapp...LOL With my luck she'll attack it cause it made noise and she'll pop it, go nuts some more, and swallow a piece and choke to death.

Her mouth is all healed up, thanks to a great vet. But it's very upsetting that she's doing it again. Self inflicted reacuring injury is going to drive me nuts. I'm hoping putting a black door over the side of her tub will help with this issue.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #18
Lizard Lair
Quote:
Bubble wrapp...LOL With my luck she'll attack it cause it made noise and she'll pop it, go nuts some more
Thanks for that visual!!!

Old 03-09-2006, 05:12 PM   #19
groovygeckos
Hehe, she needs a padded-tub. LOL Ide also say she is probably a hot female, I have one here that is over 2 years old, sweet as can be, but put her with a male, and lookout! She will not breed still, even though she is ovulating. I think some of them will never breed, while others are just too aggressive for most males. Either way they make crappy breeders.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #20
BalloonzForU
I won't know for sure about her being Hot or not, till next year, when she's ready to breed. We'll see. However I hope she gets over this attack mode soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!