The PROOF that venomoid snakes are not safe!` - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #111
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomswamp View Post
i agree humans are human and make errors but i think if the vet is highly exp in this there shouldnt be any problems its the people not exp that make errors
Facts and statistics do not bear you out. Check out medical malpractice cases- very experienced doctors make mistakes. It is simply not true that experience makes one 100% perfect. Even the best docs will tell you that they have over a 1% error rate. And if you are the purchaser of the 1% error snake, you are on your way to being dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomswamp
thousands of dollars in lawyer fees an hours in court..
Yeah. If you buy or sell voids, sooner or later you will make some lawyer rich. I personally have nothing against rich lawyers, it is just that the injury or death caused by the purported void is a waste of someone's life or health.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #112
creatism123
ok guns are not a fair comparison the only thing hots and guns have in common is a simple human formula.

every human and i mean everyone is guilty of.
experience=familiarity=complacency=accident.

with guns hopefully all u get is a hole in the wall.

with hots u get a massive hospital bill at the least.

and with both hopefully nobody else gets hurt in the process.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #113
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomswamp View Post
i agree humans are human and make errors but i think if the vet is highly exp in this there shouldnt be any problems its the people not exp that make errors like void inc hes preformed this on thousands of snakes and no one can prove hes made any errors in the past years i wouldnt buy a venomoid from some random person coarse not but from a very exp person with many years of sucesss i beleive its pretty safe but anyone who gets one should have exp and if so it shouldnt be to hard to check for regrowth every so offten to insure its still safe voids are by far safer then hothots if treated like a hot and theres more reasons to not putting anything on paper that it will never regrow as its bin explained if someone took out the chip that is to a void an puts it in a fullblownhot takes a bite an starts a lawsuit stating the snake he got was a void how does a seller prove the truth thousands of dollars in lawyer fees an hours in court crazy ya but some people are ...

The reason you gave and the others gave for not putting it in writing is just an excuse.

If it is 100% then put it in writting. If it is not 100% then tell the people it is not. Be honest do not lie.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #114
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by creatism123 View Post
ok guns are not a fair comparison the only thing hots and guns have in common is a simple human formula.

every human and i mean everyone is guilty of.
experience=familiarity=complacency=accident.

with guns hopefully all u get is a hole in the wall.

with hots u get a massive hospital bill at the least.

and with both hopefully nobody else gets hurt in the process.
Yeah you are right no one has ever died from a gun that was thought to be unloaded. You got me there. Oh wait..................... There has been a ton of deaths from thought to be unloaded guns. I am sorry MRS Smith I thought my cobra was a venomoid. Bobby and I were just playing. My dad said it was a venomoid. Sorry.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #115
dragonmwt
This statement is not completely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenomized View Post
That's why a business owner will hire a lawyer and the lawyer will write a legal liability release form. the seller will require a signature from the buyer. no signature, no sale. signed liability release form means buyer agrees with terms as disclosed. terms are written by laywer to protect the business and the seller. buyer and seller make a decision based on some residual risk. buyer is accountable for their decision.
I don't agree with this. A liability release is only as good as your lawyer or the buyers lawyer. That is why people still get sued and lose money. I have personally seen a business get sued with a liability release in hand. They lost and had to pay a large amount of money.

Now I know that this subject has been beaten a lot but I have to put in my 2 cents worth now. Do I believe in altering an animal just for my own personal gain or happiness? NO I do not. I think that it is very errogent of people. Do I feel that people should handle a reptile as a tame pet such as a dog or cat? No I do not. They are wild animals and there is nothing that can be done about that. Should people feel that there animal is 100% safe (venomous, Venomoid, Constrictor, dog or cat) no. I personally own pit bulls, a croc, rattlesnake as well as large constrictors. I understand that they are animals and should be treated as such. I do feel that a venomiod COULD be viewed as a cuddly pet. To that there was just recently a person on this site looking to get a rattlesnake for here husband. Had no idea how to care for it, properly and safely handle it or really have any knowledge about reptiles. I later saw this same person asking about a venomoid cobra.

I think what people are trying to get across on here is there is a risk of the wrong people getting one of these snakes that really should not have them. Now does that mean that you, me or anyone else is going to stop them? No! But the video is atleast a start to trying to inform people about some of the risks involved. Even if it is to just get them to buy from you instead of someone else, it is still information that may change someones plans to buy one.

Lets try to leave the animals the way that they were created. We don't need to change them for our own benefit. Lets learn about them, educate people that don't and stop fighting amongst ourselves.

Have a great evening!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #116
Snakes Incorporated
This is a horrible topic all round. I have a strong opinion on this matter.
"SAVE A SNAKE, KILL A VENOMOID LOVER"

Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #117
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes Incorporated View Post
This is a horrible topic all round. I have a strong opinion on this matter.
"SAVE A SNAKE, KILL A VENOMOID LOVER"
LOL i like that!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #118
HissnPurr
I've always been of the belief if you want a venomoid get a WC rat snake. All of the agressive, none of the venom. Leave animals they way there were born. But then again I think people who get tigers/lions and get them defanged/declawed are the same. =/ I have 1 venomoid, which I did not pay for. It was thrown in a trade I was making because the person wanted to get rid of his snakes and it was the last one and I agreed to take it with the other 2. Poor thing.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #119
MacGaboon
I think snakes should be left the way they were created, thats the beauty of them.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #120
adder
Venomoids a bit of truth for a change.

I see this forum and see the previous post by a zealot that reads
Quote -
I think snakes should be left the way they were created, thats the beauty of them.
end quote.
That's exactly what HSUS and the like say about pythons. Hence S273!
They say it is cruel and mean to stick big snakes in glass tubs.
So they FORCE their warped views on snake keepers.

It's the same for the anti-venomoid people.
They say taking out venom glands is butchery and cruel and so they force their views on those with venomoids by hassling the authorities to ban them.

Success in banning venomoids in various jurisdictions by a small band of misfits breeds success and now they go for the big one - they python ban.

Make no bones about it. That is what is happening.

Dodgy science claims that pythons will overrun north america. Same dodgy science claims all venomoids are dangerous and regenerate venom.

Here's a few accepted "facts".

According to various "reliable" internet posts, online petitions, sponsered by so-called herpers and the like, I, Raymond Hoser am a total butcher who hacks up snakes in my garage with a kitchen knife to make them venomoid.

Miraculously after six years, and in spite of my total butchery, none have died and more miraculously (because I am a clueless git) none of the over 40 snakes hacked up have ever regenerated a drop of venom juice. We know that because I line them up to make them bite me to prove the point. I had to do that after four years of arguing to disprove the widely posted "fact" that they had regenerated venom and were a dire risk to every inhabitant of Australia and anywhere else I went.

I was begged to produce such a video (because the snakes were supposedly dangerous) and my enemies hoped I'd take up the challenge and using the Darwin award theory, kill myself and yet no sooner had I stuck a little hard truth on "youtube" with lots of Taipans biting me, then the enemies petitioned youtube to remove the video.

We have since placed it on our website at:

http://www.smuggled.com/sbs1.htm

see link at top of page, not to convert the world to owning venomoids, but simply to shatter the lie that these things regenerate venom and that our snakes pose some kind of mortal public risk.

Now I'm not going to bore you with the obvious details such as the need to test snakes after operations or issues such as what happens if venomous gets confused with venomoids in a facility where you have both (like ours), but in simple terms venomoid means no venom - ever and they are not dangerous.

It is the same as castration - balls gone, means balls gone - that simple.

By the way we don't supply or sell venomoids to anyone, but that's our choice. The snakes themselves are fine and with a 6 minute operation to render them free from a life of being tormented with sticks or "tongs" (God forbid - now that is something that should be banned!), we don't regard it as a serious issue for the said snakes either.

Now it's time to cut the crap about "er what happens if some is left behind" in venomoid operations.

Same could be said for a human head, if I cut off the ear instead of the whole head!

Also the bullshit about handling venomoids as a way out for novice snake handlers really grates and hides the truth. Venomoid surgery is principally for the welfare of the snake, not the owner. Handling deadly snakes is not particularly hard - I do this daily (venom intact). Freeing snakes from the need to be sticked and the like is the real benefit of venomoids and at the end of it all, those who argue against venomoids are actually arguing against the welfare of the snakes and arguing for all snakes to be tormented with sticks and the like. In the real world, it's that simple!

Meanwhile we shall continue to free handle our venomoids daily (for risk free live snake displays) and they will not suffer the undue stress and shorter lifespans otherwise caused by being stick handled several times daily.

PS Gotta go now and check the clutches of venomoid (parents) eggs in the incubator, because all de-stressed snakes do is FXXCK!

All the best

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!