INQUIRY on Isass.exe Variant of optix trojan HELP!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
screamdreams
INQUIRY on Isass.exe Variant of optix trojan HELP!!

I'm sorry Webslave but I need help from the herp community FAST!! In short I was having some PC problems, I decided to "restore" my HP to it's original state, after backing up some files. Well I did that and now it won't boot up at all, it stops while windows is starting and the following window comes up:

Lsass.exe error
While trying to update a password the return status the value provided is incorrect

or something to that nature. Can someone please help. I tried the help forums but it's all pure madness. What it looks like is a hacker attached it to my pc through a trojan/virus and it just keeps trying to restart with no luck. Just reply here if possible, I'm on my fiance's pc and can access stuff here. Thanks!!!!

Webslave, I'm seriously sorry but I knew I'd get alot of views as well as quick replies here at the BOI and I was hoping this thread (in some way) would warn people of the pro optix trojan or whatever the heck it is. I've dealt with my share of virus' but this one has me feeling worried.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:11 PM   #2
Herpcam
Check out this link

Seems there are quite a few possible solutions on this message board thread. There's one in particular that mentions a recovery mode in HP systems if you push F10 after the BIOS initializes. However, he goes on to say you'll have to do a 'destructive' recovery, because the nondestructive recovery didn't work. Destructive is probably your last resort; with a name like that, it can't be good. I dunno for sure, but here's a bit more info on it.

Message Thread

Good luck

Old 12-31-2003, 08:18 PM   #3
Rob @ RK Reptiles
If memory serves me correctly all you need to do is remove the link to it in your config.sys file. It is trying to search for it when booting but it is not there. I had a similar experience nto that long ago and when I removed the key it fixed the problem. Good luck.

Old 12-31-2003, 09:02 PM   #4
screamdreams
Thanks so much guys!!

I appreciate your help very much!! I try both and catch up with everybody next year

Webslave, please by all means remove/delete this if you se fit. I should have it from here and thanks for the opportunity the the herp community to have a place to go to find help, in all aspects of "life'

Happy New year evryone!!

Old 12-31-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
screamdreams
Whoa...

My post reads like I've already started celebrating the New Year but I don't even drink!!! Lots of typos...lol...take care!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!