What is your OTHER job? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #41
ZenReptiles
I run my own business, plus sell on ebay on the side, go to college fulltime, raise a 3 yr old, take care of the house and my fiance. Spare time is definitely not a word in my vocab. I can't wait to take my first vacation in 5 years this summer!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #42
The NY Gecko
student . i have yet to learn the burdens of a job. i want a job, but no one wants to hire 15 yr olds in my area nemore. its all "!6 and over only"

Old 03-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #43
Shelley1063
I supervise/manage the Indirect Materials Parts Crib (it's kind of a "Parts R Us") at a very large automotive electronics company, Delphi Electronics & Safety. We currently carry about 15,000 different parts/items in stock, everything from chemicals to handwipes to motors to $100K circuit boards. Production and facilities equipment repair parts are the largest part of the inventory. I manage the inventory and supervise the UAW employees that work in my department. I have worked for Delphi for almost 16 years.

Old 03-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #44
Dan Lubinsky
Lots of talent out there. Beautiful work, Jeremy. And Michael, being born and raised in South Florida surfing, fishing and diving, you might have seen some of my skin biopsies staring back at you through the microscope. After 14 years of accounting, I switched to firefighter/paramedic on South Beach in Miami twenty years ago (twelve runs after midnight... still trying to figure out why they called us for a jumper from the eighteenth floor). My wife's an ER nurse, son's an OR tech schooling for nurse anesthesist and daughter's in opthalmology. Oh yeah, we have a few lizards.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #45
snowgyre
Great topic!

I'm a wildlife biologist, more specifically an ornithologist. I study perdy birds. It was weird though, I went to Cornell University to get a degree in herpetology but switched my career to ornithology. Birds are just easier (and less boring!) to study in the field than reptiles, especially here in cold NY! Reptile studies up here are pretty much limited to tracking timber rattlers with radio transmitters, or doing amphibian population studies. It's not hands on enough for my tastes.

I just finished my Masters degree over in Montana studying the nesting and brood-rearing habitat requirements of Greater Sage-grouse. I'm hoping to go to Maine and get a PhD in something or other. This summer I'm working with Cerulean Warblers (a pretty little blue bird that's declining and actually endangered here in NY) down in West Virginia as a project supervisor for, ironically, a graduate student trying to get his M.S.

After that, I'm going to New Zealand for two months with a buddy of mine and backpacking the whole country. Maybe I'll find a Kiwi I really like and end up living there. ^_~ I'll take tuatara photos for all of ya!!

Old 03-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #46
spots-r-us
Used to be: anthropologist, museum curator, publications director

Currently: Appaloosa/Thoroughbred horse breeder, unwilling partner in my husband's software development company (ugh), and mom to a 3 yr old diva and an 8 yr old paleontologist whose specialty is mesozoic marine reptile fossils

Great thread!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!