Bad Guy Fire and Ice Dragons (Terri Sommella) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
joshjtd
I had asked for pictures out of curiosity and from some of the other feedback that was posted here. She states that the babies are in constant shed so she doesn't do pictures.

I am an understanding person. I do understand that things happen, but I really do feel as though I am getting the run around from her.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
sms
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjtd View Post
I had asked for pictures out of curiosity and from some of the other feedback that was posted here. She states that the babies are in constant shed so she doesn't do pictures.

I am an understanding person. I do understand that things happen, but I really do feel as though I am getting the run around from her.
Hi Folks, I was just made aware of this and so am responding to each item. Thanks for your patience.

As to the statement above, this person first asked for a pic yesterday. I told him I would be happy to take a pic, sent him stats and told him that, 8 grams was normal weight for the dragon at 4-5 weeks. This morning, I emailed him stating that the dragon is in shed. So he had a few choices. He could either wait for the dragon to come out of shed and receive a pic at that time, direct me to choose another dragon or ship this dragon as is. It was up to him. I have not heard back. Regards, Terri, Fire and Ice Dragons

Old 07-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
joshjtd
I am getting conflicting information from her. First it is the size of the dragons then it is the weather?

The weather I understand. I do not wish to have a dragon shipped in hot weather that would endanger the animal.

Even the size thing I can understand to a degree. Even in the email she sent above, she states that it is normal for a 4 week growth to reach proper size to sell. Why would this batch take 8 weeks?

Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
shinezilla
The recent email states that she'll ship the dragon in these temps only if you agree to waive any guarantees? So... That must mean that they have your dragon that's up to standards and they're just waiting to ship for safer weather conditions?

Get her to take pictures for you regardless of whether your dragon is in shed or not.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinezilla View Post
Tom,

His concern is to why is a dragon that hatched out in June rounding up to 6" in an 8wk. time frame. He stated that he requested for a refund because of the possibility of something health related problems with the "stalling"/waiting involved.

And why quote me when I'm only generally speaking? I was simply stating that it's common for babies to reach that size in the given time frame.

If Josh finds out she's stalling or she completely bamboozled him out of his money, I'm sure he'll let everyone on here know.

Josh, talk to Terry... Find out what's going on then post your findings.
Shine,

i dont know if you have read this whole thing, BUT the op is getting multiple excuses as to why he doesnt have his dragon at the moment. I dont know if your personally a friend of hers. But you seem to be making excuses for her!!!

If 2 months is common for a dragon to get to 6 inches you may want to re-invest in new breeders. unless your breeding dwarfs or rankins "lawson" dragons.

* No pics because of consistent shedding.

* working around heat. How long is that going to go on for??? I ship from 25 degrees f. to 104 (as a high). I do understand shipping conditions in exteme conditions

*Needs 8 weeks to get 6 inches.

* 2 separate incubators so its a 10 day difference. then one incubator had to have been running at 5-6 degree difference to get a 10 day delay in hatching. I have tested this.

These are multiple reasons as to why he doesnt have the animal. If she said bad weather and stuck with it fine! but she did not. If she sent pics that would also be fine. she said she likes two sheds under the dragons belt before she sells. but then she says "there "ALWAYS" in shed." So is that not a conflicting statement? There's to many reasons here. and it sounds like a run around. thats all i am saying.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
joshjtd
If you read her response, the clutch is not up to size. I did just send her an email requesting pictures and current status.

She keeps going back and forth from weather to size being the issue.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
joshjtd
I guess I opened this thread as I feel as though I am getting the run around. I am stepping into the breeding ring after doing tons of research and a huge investment of time and money.

Again my issue isnt with the shipping. I absolutely do not want her to ship me a dragon only to have the animal arrive dead. I will wait patiently for the weather but I think there is more at play than just the temp.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
JMartin1982
yeah I have to agree with dragonluver83 that sounds like some major to me.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
spyder79
This entire thread is a pure testament to why you should NEVER pay for something before it hatches. I detest the practice of selling eggs personally (which is what you did you purchased an egg and a guarantee of color that the breeder could not possibly be 100% certain they will follow through with)

You are in a position of having to sit and wait. I do not think this deserved a bad guy thread, at least not yet.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
This entire thread is a pure testament to why you should NEVER pay for something before it hatches. I detest the practice of selling eggs personally (which is what you did you purchased an egg and a guarantee of color that the breeder could not possibly be 100% certain they will follow through with)

You are in a position of having to sit and wait. I do not think this deserved a bad guy thread, at least not yet.

how do you buy something that the breeder doesnt even have yet?

I'll also add right now, i have had RED breeders only produce YELLOW babies. how many ppl would be upset if they bought a baby from a red breeder and it came to them yellow. What if she lost power and lost the clutch of eggs that you purchased a baby from. You think she has that 375 you gave her a month and a half ago???
Surprisingly there are alot of people who will be more than willing to pay up front or put a deposit on babies that havent even hatched yet. Thats kinda dumb on the buyer and sellers part. You cannot guarantee anything until time of sale!!! Thats a Guarantee!!!