Question About Boaphile Rhinoraxx - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #1
Louiscamp
Question Question About Boaphile Rhinoraxx

I just got a 15 drawer Rinoraxx from Boaphile. I'm keeping Leopard Geckos in the drawers. The drawers do not have any air holes in them. Is this okay? Or, should I be putting holes for circulation?

Thanks for your help.

Lou

Old 05-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #2
PaulSage
There is a very small gap between the top of the tubs and the bottom of the shelf, but I still put LOTS of holes around all sides of the tubs. I find that having more holes (especially toward the front) increases the temperature gradient from one end to the other.

Old 05-28-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Gregg M
I think you should leave them the way they are..... Do not add air holes..... The gap in the top is more than enough..... I have the same rack system and it is great without any modifications.....

Old 05-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
Louiscamp
The score is tied 1 - 1 who wants to break the tie?

Lou

Old 05-29-2005, 02:54 AM   #5
Herpcam
Okay, I don't have these racks, but maybe I could pose a couple questions that may help you decide. I did have the older boaphile racks, which flexed a little, so didn't leave a gap for air. My favorite melamine rack does have a 1/8" or so gap, so I probably don't need any holes, but I have them anyway.

Do you find humidity building up in the tubs since there aren't any holes? If so, do you think there is a possibility of mold/mildew growing due to the lack of air circulation? What are the temps in the tubs? Paul mentions a better temp gradient with the holes - do you have issues with temps?

Personally, I think it's always better, especially with animals that don't need really humid environments, to have a bit more airflow.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
nicolai
pictures..

Maybe if you posted pics of the racks in question, those of us that dont own that particular kind of rack can se what you are talking about and give you our opinion.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
Louiscamp
Okay, here is a pic of the rack. There is a small gap at the top. Some days there is some condensation.

Lou
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2005, 01:44 PM   #8
Monte
Dang - that is one good looking rack! I don't think there is anything out there on the market that touches them on fit and finish!

Wow.

Personally - I would call up Jeff Ronne, and ask him. I would imagine that he would have a good answer for you.

If I put any holes in them - I would put them on the sides, not in the front.

Again - WOW - great looking rack . . .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!