The best description of Me I could find. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
The best description of Me I could find.

This would be funny if it weren't so true!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

----the car isn't washed,

----the bills aren't paid,

----there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,

----the flowers don't have enough water,

----there is still only 1 check in my check book,

----I can't find the remote,

----I can't find my glasses,

----and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

P. S. I just remembered, I LEFT THE WATER RUNNING in THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
Art Klass
That's great Richard. I'm not quite there yet, but I am approaching that line.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
Bill & Amy

I started laughing, then realized that also describes me a little lately too.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
I was going to respond to someone about something........but I just noticed the dishes need doing.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:14 PM   #5
Junkyard
Unfortunately that has happened from the time I was young up til no

Old 03-27-2006, 02:38 AM   #6
ladyserpent7
you guys are so funny....im sorry richard....i tried not to laugh...but its so funny how true it is.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Well, I am glad you enjoyed it. That was the idea after all.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
Junkyard
Now that I remember that I was posting here, it drives me crazy that I can be so busy during the day, yet it seems like nothing was accomplished.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:47 AM   #9
ladyserpent7
yah, everytime i wanna do something or have recreation time, im busy...and then when someone asks me what im doing...i just cant seem to remember what keeps me so busy...sigh

Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
techgirl
that is too funny. sad thing is, that is so like me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!