Sign The Petition On Changeing The Law In Ga. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
tdeppen
Sign The Petition On Changeing The Law In Ga.

HERES A LINK WHERE YOU CAN HELP THE HERPERS IN GA CHANGE THE LAWS ON KEEPING NATIVE REPTILES. AS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW IN YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO KEEP NATIVE REPTILES UNLESS THEY ARE HOT. YOU CAN NOT KEEP ANY SNAKE THAT WAS EVER FOUND IN THE STATE, NOT EVEN A MORPH. THAT MEANS CORNS AND ALL THERE MORPHS, YELLOW RATS, NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN PINES, ANY THING THAT YOU CAN FIND IN GA YOU CAN NOT HAVE. SO BY SIGNING THE PETITION YOU CAN HELP US CHANGE THE LAW. THE LINK IS:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?reptile

THANKS,
THADDAUS DEPPEN

Old 02-03-2004, 07:16 AM   #2
dvf1973
I see twenty or so have looked at this,

is there a reason that you haven't signed on? This would increase evryones opportunity to make money, as all of the pet shops would be able to buy corns and their customers and or individuals could also buy online legally, it also adds strength to the over all herp community as it is the 8th largest populated state in the country. thats a lot of potential customers. Or do you like your rights and not ours?

Old 02-03-2004, 08:53 AM   #3
Darin Chappell
My signature is one of the eight you currently have. I think part of the problem with how the petition is written, is that it says that approved sinatures are those of people who want to own non-venomous, native snakes in GA. Many of us would like to see GA change its laws about the issue, but have no inclination to own animals in that State. Perhaps a rewording would be effective, if its possible?

I signed anyway, because my mother-in-law lives there, and I could have her keep some for me temporarily, if such ever became legal. Might be of some benefit to me.

Good luck!

Old 02-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #4
JohnHarper
Talking it does need to be reworded

i will admit that it does need to be reworded and I contacted help on that site I am not sure if you can edit it once its been posted.
The main thing was trying to make it simple enough that congress would want to look at it thats the hard part. So far 10 people have signed it and it has not been on for 24 hours.
I also want the venomous native snakes to be regulated more.
Its crazy to have no regulation on one but then be so stiffly regulated on the native non venomous snakes. When I came up with the idea for the petition some of the information for it came from when the dnr last met, also I wanted to try and make it easier for the corn, rat and eastern kingsnake people.
if a $25 a year fishing/hunting license was required to collect any native non venomous and venomous snake then more people would be willing to pay it $25 is not too much, someone reccomended that the hunting/fishing license be $50 and that is kind of high. I dont know many that would be willling to pay it.

john campbell

Old 02-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
dvf1973
yes the venomous is silly

yesterday was a sad day here in georgia for the eastern diamond back, good old rattlesnake round up in southern geoegia, no catch limit, proud rednecks weve got here!

Old 02-03-2004, 01:30 PM   #6
Suncoast Herpetological
I strongly agree that a re-worded document would elicit a lot more support.

Old 02-04-2004, 03:06 PM   #7
dvf1973
i posted this petition on ks

in the corn snake forum,and general snakes discussion, hope it adds a little support.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!