Wayne Jenk (Seller Beware) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
janeothejungle
Wayne Jenk (Seller Beware)

Hey all,

This is more of a suspicious character inquiry. I have no idea if this is the place for it or not.

I received the following emails from a Wayne Jenk in relation to a pair of juvenile redtails I am selling. They were offered at $150 shipped for the pair (I'm not much on boas), and I clearly stated that I only ship fedex priority overnight. The first email was fairly standard, except for the 'I'll take care of shipping' part, the second email was enough to throw up every red flag in the book and I responded that I did not wish to deal with him. Anyone know who this guy is?

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to .
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Classifieds may be compromised

Goodday,
How are you doing today, i saw this advert for sale. kindly let me now if you still have it and what is your final asking ? Also what is the current condition of the snake, e-mail me some recent if available. I'll take care of the shipping.

Have a great day.
Wayne Jenk
Washington Tacoma 98409
waynejenk@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=538220&cat=8

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
This person may or may not be who they say they are.
The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 03:06 PM, Oct 01st, 2007 from I.P. Address 200.65.0.25

Email #2 (sent directly to my email) Oct 2nd, 2007

Hello,
Thanks for the response,to be honest I think I can go with the price and the condition is ok by me I also wish to complete the payment soon so i can assume the new owner.
Actually I bought one from a seller in dallas at the price of $2600 and I sent payment to him,on getting to the pick up,my shiper agent discovered that it had been damaged and the seller did not inform me of this so I had to cancel the transaction and inform my colleague to cancell the cashiers check, money order .I hope your's has never had any damage?
I have informed him that I have seen another one with a lesser price and have instructed my colleague who issued the cashiers chekc, money order that he will be sending the funds to you and he has accepted.
Since your's is cheaper and in good condition,I will use the difference on the payment to offset shipping charges and other expences,all u need to do immediately you recieve the cashiers check money order cash it and deduct your payment and forward the remaining money to the shipping company through moneygram transfer so that they can set the shipping and come down to your location for the pick up. Please email me the following info so that he can send you the cashiers check, money order ,I will advice my shipping company to contact for the pickup at your address as soon as the money has been recieved.So send to me as stated below info so the cashiers check .money order can be sent to you immediately:
(1) Name that will be on the postal money order.
(2) Direct contact phone number
(3) Mailing Address that you will recieve the postal money order .
(4) Zip code.

look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and GOD bless you abundantly.
Greetings.
Wayne Jenk
Washington Tacoma

Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
WingedWolf
Wow, that's an amazing load of BS, lol. The Nigerian scam variant, personalized just for you.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
Jim O
SCAM. Probably Nigerian.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
ravensgait
Scam !!! an and old one, he'll want to pay you more than your asking and want you to give the excess to his shipper ETC ETC.. Run away or play with the bone head and have him send you a Check(make the scammers pay out some dough) I messed with one a couple years ago and had him overnight a Cashiers check and then told him IO never got it and had him send another, made him spend some of his ill gotten gains. If you look back in the BOI you'll find a number of threads about these scammers... Randy

Old 10-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
mrwenninger
I received the exact same email from the guy as the first one that you received...

Old 10-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
KrisGarner
Got the same emails here. Told him to send me the money and he could get his brand new UNDAMAGED baby boa 4 weeks after it clears.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #7
Boas and Beyond
YES IT IS A SCAM!!!! I have gotten about 4 of these types in the past 1.5 yrs. To be more specific about the scams I got an email from a supposed deaf girl that needed someone else to send the money for a reptile but yet she is the one that did the email. She was from England and another one was from a Mr. Smith that owned a zoo in England and wanted to purchase a large number of snakes from me but when it came to payment he wanted to do a cashiers check for quite a bit above the asking amount and have his own shipping agent pick them up. All the scams really were the same way for payment methods and I encountered one more that I can recall. He was from the Netherlands supposedly and wanted to use a shipping agent and pay way over the asking amount. They all asked for the address to send there money and shipping agent directly to you with no other information being provided.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
Jeff Hardwick
old scam

The only response that will shut these clowns up is that you've reported their scam to the FBI and forwarded all their emails/info. It just gets more daft as you question their motives. Slam the door shut now.
Jeff

Old 10-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #9
janeothejungle
Oh, the door was slammed shut before I ever posted. I may be blonde, but not THAT blonde. I posted more as a "be on the lookout" than out of any concern for his dealings with me. It just struck me as funny that it was supposedly from "Tacoma, WA". Maybe the nigerians have a summer place there? he he he he

Cheers,
Kat

Old 10-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Casey Hulse
Quote:
In a message dated 10/5/2007 2:16:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, waynejenk@yahoo.com writes:
How are you doing, i have gotten back to you with my shipper's information where you will be wiring my excess funds to via western union to my shipping coming that will be coming for the pick up arrangement of the animal, so as soon as you receive the check, i want you to proceed with the transaction, deduct your own money and send the balance to my shipper via western union. the funds sent will be used by my shipper to arrange for the pick up from your location.

I want her to come to your location very soon as the time concides with the shippment of my animals in the states. i called his company (shippers world clearing and forwarding) and i was told that she had been in the state for a couple of days to handle some export duties on behalf of a firm based there. So here is the shippers information which will be used to get the funds sent to her via western union as soon as you receive the check.

NAME : KIMBERLY RITCHIE
ADDRESS : 48428 Hills Street
CITY : Oakridge
STATES : Oregon
POSTCODE : 97463
EMAIL ID : tradeshippingagencie@yahoo.com

After you have transfered my excess funds meant shippment through western union, i will require the following transfer details from you immediately after you have wired the funds:

1. Sender's name and address (your full name and address used in wiring the funds)
2. Reciever's name (KIMBERLY RITCHIE)
3. money transfer control number:
4. Amount sent..........
5. text question and answer..............

I await all these details from you after you have transfered my funds to her. this is because my shipper cause she also has some of my animal to pick up together with yours from your location. he will be at your location in the next 24 hours upon the receipt of the funds via western union. i also want you not to forget to deduct $100 for your runing around transportation to get the transaction completed as soon as you receive the check.

I will ask my shipper to contact you through his private e-mail box (tradeshippingagencie@yahoo.com) concerning the shipping funds and all other shipping arrangement. I await the transfer details from you as soon as you have transfered the shipping funds via western union to my shipper, thanks for all your understanding.

Regards
Hi Wayne. The money order arrived via Fed Ex priority overnight, imagine my surprise when I found a money order for $4000 which is clearly a fake! Needless to say I will not be wiring "the balance" to your shipper. The money order and all corespondence has been turned over to the authorities. Have a nice day. Casey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!