Roy (lena_whttkr@yahoo.com)---- Bad buyer (Beware) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:47 PM   #21
CDAreptiles
That was a witty way of saying I know very little about lizards! If you cant see that than honestly I am sorry. I questioned him about what I knew which as I said before came from what I read on online care sheets!

If infact the guy is shy how is that my fault? He took my word the animal was healthy I agree, but at the same time I said the animal was healthy I also said I knew very little about lizards and could simply go by the fact he was eating, running, climbing, etc.

I repeat I am not or have ever been a rescue! I took in three animals from a very close friend who was having a very difficult time in life. This was the first and only time I EVER "rescued" any animals!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #22
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAreptiles
I took in three animals from a very close friend who was having a very difficult time in life. This was the first and only time I EVER "rescued" any animals!
Ok Ok...I'll take your word for it.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #23
Jbreddawg
Shmuck ? Yea probably I just dont see how after he explained it here that the guy can have a beef. I mean, he told him everything up front. If it sent up any red flags , the guy buying should have just left. He had that option. I don't think he misrepresented the animal . Maybe he did , but regardless , the guy knew he was getting a rescue , knew "buy the sellers own admission " he didn't know anything about lizards , AND had a chance to check it over in person ,thus making his own evaluation of it's condition. He just thought he was getting a better deal then what he got.
Have you ever bought something and later decided , damn ! that was pretty stupid of me ! this things a piece of #$% And was pissed ? I know I have. For 30 bucks, knowing what I was told , I personally would have just chalked it up to experiance.
At the most , if the guy contacted me and was unhappy , I would have tried to settle for half and let him keep the animal , if that didnt work, maybe a full refund . But for the buyer to now start wanting extras for waisting his time , now thats just getting stupid cause he's pissed. If you dont want to waste your time then dont go . Like fluffing up a lawsuit .

I have driven hours to look at cars that were in "great" condition only to get there and see a pos . I dont tell them they now owe me for driving there ! I make a decision and either buy or not.
Just my opinion on the way I see it . Jerry

Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #24
LauraB
There are more than a couple things....

that bother me about this transaction.
First, Roy did in fact, see the animal up close and personal. Extensive MBD should have been evident by anyone who knows even a bit about reptiles. CDAreptiles has already stated that the frilly was held back until a knowlegable adopter could be found. I suspect Roy really was not all that knowlegable and CDAreptiles is probably a little more knowlegable than she/he would like to admit and also is a bit more than a casual "hobbyist".

Second, Roy (or the buyer) must produce documentation to prove the MBD &/or other physical ailments and return the frilly for a refund.

CDAreptiles has made statement after statement after statement claiming to know so very little about lizards and in the first post stated "I am a snake breeder and know very little about lizards therefore I did not feel like the most appropriate person to keep these animals." yet kept the frilly for what, 2 years ?? That sounds like a long time for someone who has deemed themself inappropriate to keep the animals they "rescued".

CDAreptiles stated in an email "I never claimed the animal was healthy. You simply asked me if he looked healthy and to me he does." yet says in a later post "He took my word the animal was healthy I agree, but at the same time I said the animal was healthy I also said I knew very little about lizards and could simply go by the fact he was eating, running, climbing, etc." The frilly was represented as healthy, period. If it's not, then Roy has to prove it is not and then is entitled to a refund.

Finally, there is this quote from CDAreptiles "Never once did I say I was importing to sell. Sometimes I get something I decide I dont want and end up selling it, but I have never made enough to call it any form of business. Yes I am hoping to start breedig more heavily and turn this hobby into a business, but up until now it is far from that."

This is only one of CDAreptile's current ads (I also have screenshots). Please note the ad states the animals are "extremely healthy with absolutely no health problems". I assume that includes the lizards for sale, lizards which CDA has already claimed s/he is incapable of caring for due to lack of knowlege :

August 14, 2007 - http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/443066.html
"I am a reptile breeder and have many reptiles for sale. all are extremely healthy with absolutely no health problems. all are feeding and extremely calm.
i have too many animals available to list here, but below are some animals i have available along with their prices.

baby captive bred bearded dragons $60
baby captive bred ball pythons $30
baby captive bred collared lizards $25
baby captive bred corn snakes (many different colorations available) $25

if you would like an animal that is not listed above please don\'t hesitate to ask me for it. i most likely will have the animal you are looking for!
email: my email
phone number: (352)281-4674 (if no answer leave a message)."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are also current ads for various snakes and lizards for sale at:
ocala4sale.com/animals/pets-for-sale.php
http://gainesville4sale.com/post/for...d.php?id=90972
gainesville4sale.com/animals/dogs-for-sale.php
This one is good. Not only various snakes and lizards for sale but an ad seeking rabbits to buy. Not for food, of course, but because "I simply have a lot of room and would like to start breeding rabbits."

zpg.ziply.com/zpg/us/ViewCA.php?idno=97187
arcadenoe.sapo.pt/ads_view.php?id=7796

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In these ads linked below, CDAreptiles claims to be a reptile breeder.
http://forum.agriscape.com/reptiles/...692005#1692005
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...584#post524584

Okay, I may be missing something here, but to me at least, it appears CDAreptiles is not only vigorously selling snakes and lizards online (a business?), but also is publicly claiming to be a reptile breeder despite claims to the contrary.

~ Laura Bolt

Old 10-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #25
critical bill
Thank You Laura. I wasn't much in the arguing and searching for evidence sort of mood today, but from the few ads I scanned on CDA it was apparent she was lying. You did absolutely great in posting all those links.

So Caina or whatever your name is, you just import to build up your own collection eh? You do this for fun and not for profit? You're an importer so you can get the type of species not readily available for yourself in the pet trade?

Sure. We believe you.

P.S. Conveniently...your webpage is down.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 AM   #26
Mad4You2
I must really be missing something...why the heck would you make this thread and post statements like the OP made when you have so many animals actively for sale. That fact, of itself, makes you appear to be lying. Couple that with all this being over the sum of $30.00, makes me wonder, what the heck you were thinking!

Have you read the threads on this site? If you have, then you should have gleaned the knowledge of the incredible internet ferrets on this site. Posting your thread and having all the ads up at the same time is just plain stupid with the regulars here on the BOI.

BTW...can you tell me how you have 60 cbb bearded dragon babies to sell when you don't handle lizards? So are you taking appropriate care of these dragons? The care of Bearded Dragons is not dissimilar to the Frilled Dragon in the UVB and temperature needs....you using that UVB light you had on the Frillie, for how long? Two years? Are the beardies in the same enclosure as the Frilled? Didn't you say that you "needed the space for something else"? I don't even begin to "get" why you even started the thread....maybe it was the case of who gets here first, but the guy that took the Frilled might have gotten here first and then your ads for your "hobby" would be exposed as connected to you?

BTW...please let me know when you can "import" 60 WC Bearded Dragons, will ya? I'll be all over that deal!

Angie Martin

Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 AM   #27
bryanbarrs
Nice post Laura. I guess I am just too gullible!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #28
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
that bother me about this transaction.
First, Roy did in fact, see the animal up close and personal. Extensive MBD should have been evident by anyone who knows even a bit about reptiles. CDAreptiles has already stated that the frilly was held back until a knowlegable adopter could be found. I suspect Roy really was not all that knowlegable and CDAreptiles is probably a little more knowlegable than she/he would like to admit and also is a bit more than a casual "hobbyist".

Second, Roy (or the buyer) must produce documentation to prove the MBD &/or other physical ailments and return the frilly for a refund.

CDAreptiles has made statement after statement after statement claiming to know so very little about lizards and in the first post stated "I am a snake breeder and know very little about lizards therefore I did not feel like the most appropriate person to keep these animals." yet kept the frilly for what, 2 years ?? That sounds like a long time for someone who has deemed themself inappropriate to keep the animals they "rescued".

CDAreptiles stated in an email "I never claimed the animal was healthy. You simply asked me if he looked healthy and to me he does." yet says in a later post "He took my word the animal was healthy I agree, but at the same time I said the animal was healthy I also said I knew very little about lizards and could simply go by the fact he was eating, running, climbing, etc." The frilly was represented as healthy, period. If it's not, then Roy has to prove it is not and then is entitled to a refund.

Finally, there is this quote from CDAreptiles "Never once did I say I was importing to sell. Sometimes I get something I decide I dont want and end up selling it, but I have never made enough to call it any form of business. Yes I am hoping to start breedig more heavily and turn this hobby into a business, but up until now it is far from that."

This is only one of CDAreptile's current ads (I also have screenshots). Please note the ad states the animals are "extremely healthy with absolutely no health problems". I assume that includes the lizards for sale, lizards which CDA has already claimed s/he is incapable of caring for due to lack of knowlege :

August 14, 2007 - http://www.hoobly.com/0/0/443066.html
"I am a reptile breeder and have many reptiles for sale. all are extremely healthy with absolutely no health problems. all are feeding and extremely calm.
i have too many animals available to list here, but below are some animals i have available along with their prices.

baby captive bred bearded dragons $60
baby captive bred ball pythons $30
baby captive bred collared lizards $25
baby captive bred corn snakes (many different colorations available) $25

if you would like an animal that is not listed above please don\'t hesitate to ask me for it. i most likely will have the animal you are looking for!
email: my email
phone number: (352)281-4674 (if no answer leave a message)."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are also current ads for various snakes and lizards for sale at:
ocala4sale.com/animals/pets-for-sale.php
http://gainesville4sale.com/post/for...d.php?id=90972
gainesville4sale.com/animals/dogs-for-sale.php
This one is good. Not only various snakes and lizards for sale but an ad seeking rabbits to buy. Not for food, of course, but because "I simply have a lot of room and would like to start breeding rabbits."

zpg.ziply.com/zpg/us/ViewCA.php?idno=97187
arcadenoe.sapo.pt/ads_view.php?id=7796

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In these ads linked below, CDAreptiles claims to be a reptile breeder.
http://forum.agriscape.com/reptiles/...692005#1692005
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...584#post524584

Okay, I may be missing something here, but to me at least, it appears CDAreptiles is not only vigorously selling snakes and lizards online (a business?), but also is publicly claiming to be a reptile breeder despite claims to the contrary.

~ Laura Bolt
Hmmmmm, this certainly casts a different light upon the situation.

Some questions have been asked and need to be answered. Until such time as they are, I would like to state that I can no longer defend the OP as stringently as I have.

I do think that anyone who goes to a location, sees an animal, decides then and there to take it, is pretty much on thier own, but if this girl is lying about being a rescue and her knowledge of lizards, well, it just makes a mess of everything.

What's the scoop?

Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #29
hartsock
WOW!!!! All I got to say is that you better make sure your underwear is clean before starting one of these threads! LOL!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #30
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartsock
WOW!!!! All I got to say is that you better make sure your underwear is clean before starting one of these threads! LOL!

Thats true, but you can still leave with some major skid marks if you catch the wrong person on the right day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!