Bye Bye Sunset BCI - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Bye Bye Sunset BCI

Just wanted to let everyone know, that Sunset BCI will be no more after January 1st 2009. Not to give too much detail, but I got tired of nasty grams from people who can't fathom that I live in the "sunset" district of town, on the "sunset" side of the mountain that splits this town.

So since I've been accused repeatedly of riding the "sunset boa mutts" glory, seemed that making a new site, unrelated to any Boas but my own, would put an end to my haters. Or at least the nasty grams. I'm sure plenty still hate me.

That being said, check out what I did. I tried to keep it as simple and basic as possible. Sorta like me. Ain't hard to keep things simple when you lack training in these things though. LOL

Sublime Boa Constrictor

Ideas or opines welcome. Not quite complete yet. Still moving things around where I want them, and linking stuff. But it's up and running for the most part.

Thanks for looking!
Rick

Old 09-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
I can't imagine anyone hating you amigo.

Good luck on the new beginning!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
I can't imagine anyone hating you amigo.

Good luck on the new beginning!
You'd be surprised my fiend, how many people dislike being told the truth, and hold those feelings for a long time.

Eh, they can bite me.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
I like it Rick! Looks good, and i love your intro paragraph too.

More Images!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
I like it Rick! Looks good, and i love your intro paragraph too.

More Images!
You know, I wanted it like my last site in a way, with the text going around the images, but it's not so easy with this fancy software stuff. I'll figure it out eventually, but so far, Dreamweaver won't allow me to use more then one space between letters, or tab the line across to where I want it to be, so I can slide an image in between. That basic Yahoo site builder stuff was a lot more user friendly.

Thanks though. I'll figure it out, and get it purtied up for ya.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
You know, I wanted it like my last site in a way, with the text going around the images, but it's not so easy with this fancy software stuff. I'll figure it out eventually, but so far, Dreamweaver won't allow me to use more then one space between letters, or tab the line across to where I want it to be, so I can slide an image in between. That basic Yahoo site builder stuff was a lot more user friendly.

Thanks though. I'll figure it out, and get it purtied up for ya.
LOL Oh sheesh, you dont need to do it for me! My site is ugly as sin.... i need to have it redone. I have a few cool ideas in mind

Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I'll figure it out eventually, but so far, Dreamweaver won't allow me to use more then one space between letters, or tab the line across to where I want it to be, so I can slide an image in between.
I know nothing about Dreamweaver, I hand code my site, but if it allows you to insert HTML code as you write the page then   will add spaces.
To add multiple spaces use   &nbsp

nbsp stands for no break space

Old 09-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
shrap
Love that pic you used Rick. Loved it from the first time you posted the original.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Thank you very much for that. It does show the code below as I insert stuff WYSIWYG style, so I'm reading along, and learning to change some things as I go.

I'll try that out on a blank page and see what I can do.

(psst, heard you were looking for me in chat? PM me if you like.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport View Post
I know nothing about Dreamweaver, I hand code my site, but if it allows you to insert HTML code as you write the page then   will add spaces.
To add multiple spaces use   &nbsp

nbsp stands for no break space

Old 09-18-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Love that pic you used Rick. Loved it from the first time you posted the original.
That's a nice sunset of the mountains just west of the NM AZ border along highway 80. I was lucky to get it. I was in a driving zone, and just happened to llok right in time.

I'm rather fond of it too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!