Website Hosting for those with their own personal website?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 12-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
uf_g8or
Stop! Website Hosting for those with their own personal website??

I was noticing that many of you on this forum have some really nice websites...but where did you go to get your web hosting done? For those of you with your own websites that are a full domain (not some lycos, geocities, etc.), what company did you use to host your domain and website?

I plan on starting up my own website fairly soon and I am considering several places to use as webhosts. I'm debating between godaddy.com, voxdomains.com, directnic.com and a couple of others. I've created my website mainly using MS FrontPage so I need a webhosting service that supports this. Any suggestions?

Just looking for the most reliable and supportive company for my website...please give me suggestions.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you very much and happy holidays to everyone!

Please email me at uf_gators_no1@yahoo.com or thesnakebreeder@gmail.com

Old 12-22-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
Ken Harbart
I use 1and1.com

Old 12-23-2004, 02:02 AM   #3
Tribal Gecko
I have always found ezpublishing.com to be really good. They have decent prices and amazing service and support.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
reptilebreeder
I have two domains with godaddy.com and one with web.com. I have thought about "consolidating" all 3 to one provider, but haven't gotten around to it. The only reason they are at 2 places now is because I had the one at web.com and then when I was looking to reserve another domain godaddy was having a sale, so the prices were good. I've actually thought about 1and1.com, which is the one that Ken says he uses.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:27 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
My website is hosted here at fauna. The webhost is where your website actually resides.
The registrar I use for the domain name is godaddy.
You just register the name with the registrar, but to my knowledge they do not offer actual hosting services.
Rich's hosting service is great. I used to be hosted with kingsnake.com until Rich started offering the service. You get no features at all from kingsnake, just the space and FTP access. Here at Fauna though you get more bells and whistles than you know what to do with. A far superior hosting service and a much more powerful set of tools for the website owner.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:22 AM   #6
TooManyBurmese
I did everything through Yahoo. I had a geocities site for years and I really got comfortable with their customer service and the "idiot proof" web site builder. I just graduated to a domain and now I pay $11 a month and I get an even better "idiot proof" web site builder They also support Frontpage, a program that has me flabbergasted.

I am glad I read this, I never knew there were so many options out there.

Old 12-23-2004, 05:31 AM   #7
evansnakes
After I was ripped off, lied to and cheated by a couple herp industry people on hosting I asked Rich Z if he were going to be doing it and at the time he was not. So I found Cedant.com through a friend who builds corporate sites. They are one of the largest hosting/services companies. I pay $60-70 a year for 10 times the capacity that I need. They also give discounts if you pay 2 years in advance. In the past 3 years I have been using their services my site has not gone down, it has never had too much traffic to view and is very easy to access and work on through the control panel they supply. My old site was developed with front page, but I have now done a total revamp of the site with a friend who does it for a living to make it a much nicer looking, professional, smooth functioning site. I will be putting it up in a few days.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:26 AM   #8
uf_g8or
Thumbs up Thanks to everyone!!!

I appreciate everyone's responses...and I received them so quickly. It's good to see so many choices out there...but now comes the hard part on who to go with?! I guess I'll have to weigh my options on each different site and come up with who has what I need at the best price.

My site is mainly going to be about my educational reptile/amphibian show/exhibit business that I do. (In short...I go to schools, camps, youth groups, events, etc. and present an educational herp show) I will also offer animals for sale on part of the website along with caresheets and other herp info. Just thought I'd let you all know.

Thanks again...and feel free to keep posting ideas, suggestions, etc. on places to go or software to use.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!