Bad Guy Scammer Alert - "Vanessa Akwi" - akwivanessa@gmail.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
fuzzylogix
Scammer Alert - "Vanessa Akwi" - akwivanessa@gmail.com

I posted a wanted ad on CL here in dallas looking for a Kenyan Sand Boa for my son's first snake. I ended up getting two replies, and actually met someone locally today and picked up a very nice female anery. But a few minutes ago i get the following email...

Kenyan Sand BoaMonday, November 1, 2010 5:00 PM
From: "Vanessa Akwi" <akwivanessa@gmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: comm-4juas-2035750909@craigslist.org** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hello!!
good day and hope you are doing fine. i am writing regarding your ad you posted.i just came across the ad and wanted to let you know that i am having both male and female to give out to any loving and caring home,please do let me know if you are still in need of them, i have pics and other information, kindly email back for your interest. thanks and waiting to read from you soonest.

already from the email i knew this was gonna be a scam, but for giggles i sent a reply from a secondary email address to see if they would send pics. this was the response i just recieved...

Re: Kenyan Sand BoaMonday, November 1, 2010 5:26 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Vanessa Akwi" <akwivanessa@gmail.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "Your Daddy" <xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com>hello
thanks for the mail and the interest you have for my lil snake. so we are located in Hawaii so if you are willing to take this lil baby, you will need to pay just for the travel fee of $90 so please below is the pictures of the Kenyan Sand Boa . so please do get back to me with your full delivery information so that i can arrange the shipping for the sand boa.
your full names................
city / state.......................
home address..........................
phone #...........................
nearest airport to you...............

to which i replied...

Yeah, im not falling for that scam. I have forwarded these emails to the rightful owners of those pictures. They are copyrighted images and cannot be used without express written permission by the owners. You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to con people in this manner, especially since this animal was going to be for a 12 year old. Get a real job like a normal person and stop trying to swindle hard working people out of their money. I have posted the contents of our email transactions on www.faunaclassifieds.com in the Board of Inquiry section that is read by thousands of people in the reptile industry and hobby. I would suggest taking your scams elsewhere.

they didn't even have the intelligence to remove the copyrights. i have emailed scserp about this, but not sure how to contact the owner of the first and third pic. i went to the tradewinds site, but can't get the email link to work. this is just an fyi for anyone that gets an email from this person.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
sagespyder@yahoo.com
yeah they in HI with them.. right..

Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
Southern Wolf
No one ever said criminals were smart

Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
Elepheguttata007
Wow..just..wow..
Thanks for letting us know.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
Maldesto
I get these from craigslist daily lol.. sending me some bull crap.. "i will send you the item and once recieved from london you pay. :P

Old 11-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
hezekiah
LOL, they didn't even try at ALL, those images are in the first 6 if you just GIS 'kenyan sand boa'. At least you didn't get the gooey-looking image!!

Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
Earthworks
lol, you shoulda asked what they eat..."ummm catfood"?

Old 11-02-2010, 01:11 AM   #8
rcpreis3

As far as I know its completely illegal to own ANY snake on Hawaii!!!!

Some ppl.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!