More mamba rescues - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #1
snakegetters
More mamba rescues

Three Jameson's this time. The one I just finished examining and debrieding under anesthesia was a major mess, totally shattered lower jaw. The first one wasn't bad at all, just a torn jaw ligament and exposed bone ends. Number three has just been premedicated and I'm taking a break to let the meds take effect. Don't know what I'll see inside that mouth but it looked fairly scary from the outside.

Pics to follow over the weeks of their treatment. #2 will almost certainly need surgery.

Anyone wishing to sponsor one or more mambas through recovery is welcome. Needed even; I could really use a helping hand over here. If you want and you're qualified, you get the snake when it's through rehab. A slide show featuring the last batch of rescues is at http://www.snakegetters.com/demo/mamba/

Old 11-30-2004, 03:35 PM   #2
Rakshasanyc
Just stumbled upon this thread...

And made a small (but hopefully helpful) donation to the Mamba rescue fund.

In a just world, people who do things like that to snakes would be strapped into a dental chair and treated to dental surgery with a power drill and rusty pliers.

Old 11-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
snakegetters
Very helpful, thank you. Vet bills on these guys generally exceed anything I could hope to sell them for when they're done.

*chuckles evilly* Now you find out about how the Adopt-A-Mamba program really works. Several homeless mambas will shortly be arriving on your doorstep. Okay, I'm kidding, it will just be some downloadable books and a CD.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!