Skink experience? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
Lucille
Skink experience?

I recently saw some pix of blue tongue skinks and I think they are terrific looking lizards. I wonder what the evolutionary advantage is in having a blue tongue?
Now, for real life: anyone ever keep skinks, are they easy lizards to keep?

Old 04-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Lucille
No one here keeps skinks?

Old 04-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
crazycorn
Sorry I missed this post. They are quite easy to take care of. They are in my opinion one of the easiest general lizards to take care of, but that also depends the species of Skink too, but in general most are not demanding such as Blue Tongues.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
Banchie
Hey I have two schnieders skinks and they are awesome by far the best reps I've had yet! I have a male and a female and they are both actually very "cuddly". They love being handled and when they don't get handled at least once a day they let you know by climbing all over the screen top. They are very good climbers jumpers and escape artists! I lost my female two days after i got her, and found her two days after that.
The one thing you should know is that most reptiles do require quite a bit of attention. The proper lighting heating cool sides warm sides, feeding days/times types of food and if they eat veggies/fruit (like mine do) chopping up the food. It's a lot like having children just smaller and over all cheaper (in some cases).

Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
Miss Tuniwha
I have a blue tongue.. easiest pet I ever owned.. ha ha ha ha

I tend to forget I have her.. is that sad? lol

mine eats a couple times a week... .. and burrows the rest of the time..

*shrugs*

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!