The depth of FaunaClassifieds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
Mike Greathouse
The depth of FaunaClassifieds

An observation and a suggestion:

I have been a member of Fauna almost since it's inception. During this time, I have watched the BOI grow to become a dominant force in the reptile trade.

There are some people who discount it's legitimacy (usually those who have been called out on the carpet for one reason or another), but the fact remains, that this is an invaluable resource to both buyers and sellers. With over 16,000 members, I doubt anyone could argue this point.

With this said, it seems to me, a large percentage of this membership is not taking full advantage of all that is available here. There is a wealth of information available within the various forums. However, it could become so much more with just a few more members becoming active there.

Most of the forums revolve around the questions and answers of a handfull of members. Just think of the diversity and knowledge that could be passed on from the collective thoughts of over 16,000 reptile enthusiasts.

My suggestion is this: For one week, after you have perused the BOI, simply click on the link at the top of any page called NEW POSTS. This will give you an itemized list of everything going on site wide since you last visited.

Otherwise, click on FaunaClassifieds Forums in the top left corner of any page and you can see everything.

Take a few minutes and see what's going on and contribute to the discussion if you can.

Imagine what this site could become if we only doubled the traffic on the forums. The potential is far greater, even then that.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
Lucille
Well said, and I agree. By participating, you increase traffic; but you also reap personal benefits by increasing knowledge when you read various posts throughout the site; and make new friends as you find others that follow your personal philosophies.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
MR_Jungle_Mist
I very much agree. Even though my visits to FC are sporadic I try to make a full pass through the forums whenever I can. I think this site is a good learning tool for many people from beginner to advanced.

Unfortunately, new forums have been sprouting up everywhere. I feel that instead of starting your own forum, it will be more beneficial to take the time to add your $.02 worth to post on Fauna. It will certainly be a lot less trouble and expense (not having to maintain your own forum and trying to find members to use it) and a lot more productive not only in the hobby but for your own personal education and networking advantages. I would love to hear more from members whose names I see signed into FC almost on a daily basis.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
cthulhu77
Agree completely...had to laugh, I received neg points from someone last night for being a "postwhore" (their words, not mine) because I replied too much...LOL.

I dumped the kingsnake forum, and do my searching here on Fauna, and am glad to be a supporter of it...I also recommend it to anyone I run across.

Where are the tshirts and bumper stickers???

greg

Old 01-23-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Lucille
Am trying to find time to get the bumper stickers done; patience, grasshopper. I gave you positive points for being a pw by the way....

Old 01-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
robin d.
Quote:
Where are the tshirts and bumper stickers???
i was thinking more along the lines of bikini's and boxers.... ok ok maybe just for the LHF members

Old 01-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #7
Lucille
Send a design, we'll work on it together. Hmmmmm, who will we get to model our new products? I feel a poll comin' outta this.....

Old 01-24-2005, 12:40 AM   #8
WebSlave
C'mon guys! You know darn right well to get anyone to read this you need to post it on the BOI. Talk about tunnel vision.....

Old 01-24-2005, 05:16 AM   #9
Mike Greathouse
I think that's a great idea. How about we move the thread to the BOI and rename it: FaunaClassifieds Forum - Good Guy

Old 01-25-2005, 01:50 PM   #10
WebSlave
Actually, maybe I should just lock the BOI for a day and see what happens as an experiment. Will people just leave or will they go to some of the other forums out of boredom? It is rather pathetic that with the number of registered members here that the discussion forums are so lightly used.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!