setting up account with Fed-ex - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-31-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
VipVenom
setting up account with Fed-ex

I just set up my account with Fed-ex and now I am trying to get approved for shipping reptiles and I left a voice mail. The answering machine stated "that they do not ship reptiles" is this true. I read the forum and people say they do ship reptiles, I don't know what to do. When the people call me back what should I tell them in order to get them to ship my reptiles.

Thanks for your help,
Chris Embick

Old 12-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
MR_Jungle_Mist
Chris-

Pretty much everything has been gone over in the Reptile shipping forum here:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=462

"Steps to become FedEx Certified" has been especially helpful to many. Good luck in getting all this done.

If at first you don't succeed...try, try again. (or, just talk to someone else)

Old 12-19-2004, 06:52 PM   #3
bcfos
Is it just me or does anyone else here use their companies Fed Ex and UPS accounts for recieving non company related items like supplies?

Old 12-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #4
llechler
Chris-

That thread posted above is very helpful! I am in the process of becoming FedEx certified to ship leopard geckos. At first, I was told FedEx does not ship live animals.. PERIOD. However, if you ask to speak to your local rep you can work it out with FedEx. FedEx generally does not ship live animals...unless you are authorized to do so, jump a few hoops and you will get a waiver and an authorization letter that says you are verified for a specific animal (live harmless animals are okay). It's a long process....I found getting verified with UPS MUCH EASIER! Good luck!

Old 12-19-2004, 08:29 PM   #5
WebSlave
Linda, perhaps the verification process with UPS is easier then with FedEx, but try to get verified with UPS to ship snakes. That would be a horse of a different color.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #6
llechler
Yes, very true. I only breed and sell leopard geckos, so it is much easier for me. I heard to get verified with any company to ship snakes is near impossible!

Old 12-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #7
WebSlave
No, not impossible. It can be done through FedEx. There is a thread in the Shipping forum in the Reptiles & Amphibians section that goes into detail of the steps involved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!