Bill Cagle - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2004, 12:57 AM   #41
Sasheena
I'm reading, but since I have no opinions about big boas, and no opinions about hypos and hoggs.... it's hard to say much. I HAVE however been reading the nice lower case messages that John has been posting and am grateful that his messages are finally readable. (I did promise to read)

as to the guarantee and teh reality.... THAT makes a bad guy!

A pity.

Old 06-27-2004, 08:22 AM   #42
Reptile Basics
Looks pretty bad

It is unfortunate that the guarantee isnt really a guarantee. If you are going to make it then you have to live with it. I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of this critter in question, especially towards the tail.<p>I also like the lower case letters and the much more pleasant attitude. Far more constructive and your case is much more believable. NEVER give anyone the benefit of the doubt when you are spending your money for investment purposes. If you just want the snake, then go for it. I have had some VERY surprising experiences with people I would have thought were wonderful because of the size of their operation and reputation over the last 15 years. You would be surprised how many of the "big players" are crooks. It is "funny" but I buy very little over the internet and sell quite a bit. I like to see the stuff in person but yet hope others will buy with my pic on the ad????? Oh well. It should be quite easy to tell if the animal in question is hypo or not by checking out the in saddles in the tail. Shouldnt have the black outlines except for the last 3 or so from the tip. Unfortunately i didnt catch that particular ad so I havent seen the animal.

Old 06-27-2004, 09:34 AM   #43
smart_ask
Pic

No problem Rich here you go. Here is one of the tail.
Respectfully,
Stephen Kennedy
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #44
smart_ask
Pic

And here is one of the body.
Respectfully,
Stephen Kennedy
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #45
smart_ask
Am I Gullible?

Yep probably so ... but I would like to believe there are a few honest people left in the world. For me this is a hobby (aka enjoyment) if I have to guard and protect myself with everything I do in this field it removes the enjoyment and becomes more like work. Do I look at the world through rose colored glasses? I don't think so but I try to see the positive aspects in problems like these. I do believe I will make some new contacts with some good honest people because of this Bill Cagle episode. I have found a few "bad" people in this business but quite a few very "good" people. All in all I have lost a small amount in comparison to what Bill Cagle never had.
Don't feel bad for me for goodness sakes feel bad for Bill Cagle at least I still have my honest and integrity all Bill has is a small amount of money.
Respectfully,

Old 06-27-2004, 10:50 AM   #46
Jim Elliott
Thumbs up

I Have only had good dealing with Bill Cagle, and I know many others have as well. I am sure if anyone has a problem with Bill or any of his animals they could call him and talk about it. IMHO Bill is one of the good guys. Jim Elliott

Old 06-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #47
Reptile Basics
That is a Blatant ripoff

That isnt a hypo anything on its best day. It also wouldnt seem to show very much hogg influence in it either but that can be very hard to tell. If that is what Bill sent you as a hypoxhogg I wount be doing anything with him in the forseeable future. <p>Having been on both sides of the fence, if this is a hobby to you I would strongly suggest you buy what you like, not chase after names of any kind. You have what appears to be a nice columbian redtail that is in apparently very good health. If you like the look of a hogg hypo or a pink elephant, than that s what you need to get whether it is free or 10,000. That is how you will keep the hobby fun for you. I would agree with you that Bill has lost far more than you have in this exchange. As a side bar, I would recommend looking at Rich Ihle's website. I beleive it is salmonboa.com or something like that. Check out his pictures to research what a hypo looks like and what makes it hypomelanistic. Good rule of thumb is you shouldnt see the black rings more than a few (3-4) saddles up from the tip of the tail. There are still good looking hypos and bad looking hypos (I have both unfortunately ) but atleast you will know the genetics are there.

Old 06-27-2004, 11:41 AM   #48
smart_ask
I have talked with him

Quote:
I Have only had good dealing with Bill Cagle, and I know many others have as well. I am sure if anyone has a problem with Bill or any of his animals they could call him and talk about it. IMHO Bill is one of the good guys. Jim Elliott
Jim have you read this thread. I have talked with Bill. He is more than happy to talk about anything. He just comes up short in the do anything department. If you feel he is still a "good guy" maybe you should talk with him and let me know where I went wrong other than my original purchase from him. Jim I mean no disrespect but I believe you are way off base with this character.
Respectfully,

Old 06-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #49
Randy T.
hypo

That is quite disgusting that someone first off misrepresents not only his "American Jungle" line, then has his own version of "motleys", but then goes and blatantly sells an animal that is 100% without a doubt nothing like he sold it as. Stephen, I would if I was in your shoes go to all of the forums and post your "PURCHASED FROM CAGLE AS A HYPO HOGG" just to "show off" to the people who are potential customers.

Also Rollo Joe I have a question how long has Cagle been actually producing boas and not just brokering? From what I had heard he only has bred boas for the past 4 years. (which is far from "longer then most people on here".) I could be mistaken but I can clearly remember a thread on KS stating such and even having someone else backing it up.

Stephen, I have a good chance of producing some hypo hoggs with that male of mine you like and if I do you can have one for free. (and That I guarantee more then 48 hours ) . And not the Cagle 48 hour guarantee aka to Cagle NOT AT ALL

Old 06-27-2004, 12:46 PM   #50
LOSTNCONFUSED
hey stephen seeing as you are both in tn. maybe you should pay bill a vist and speak to him face to face. explain to him what he has done and give him the opertunity to make it right. all to all the friends of bill why dont you guys try calling him also and try to convince him that what he is doing is wrong and that it may be in his best interest to honor his own garuntee. lets see if we cant get stephen his money back his number has already been listed here in this thread here it is again
423)822-7878
if your reading this post and feel that bill's actions are wrong then give him a call and let him know it i also ask bill to come here and post his side of the story
nuff said
john peraza

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!