Info Radical Reptiles - Stanton CA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
Kitishane
Exclamation Radical Reptiles - Stanton CA

When my husband and I were first getting into reptiles, we decided to check out some of the local reptile stores. One such store was Radical Reptiles in Stanton.

On our first trip, we noticed a few things that made us decide not to do business with them.
  • The store reeked, and was so strong at points that I almost had to walk out for fear of being ill
  • The cages were filthy, with substantial amounts of feces (both liquid and solid) in most tanks, and shed skin EVERYWHERE!
  • Most of the snakes were soaking in their water bowls
  • There were a few animals that looked as though they had mouth rot
  • There were multiple species being housed in the same tank
We decided to give them the benefit of the doubt, and went back today to see if anything had improved.
  • While the store still had a bit of an odor, it wasn't nearly as severe as our first visit.
  • While the cages looked in better condition, we noticed that quite a few of their snakes had NO water, and the water bowl of their ball pythons, which was practically dry, was loaded with shed skins.
  • We noticed at least one case of a snake that looked like it was suffering from mouth rot.
I just wanted to make sure that I shared this with the community, so that people who were looking to do business with this company could be aware of the condition of their store, and the animals that they sell.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
s4sainz
post removed due to continued violation of the full name rule

Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sainz View Post
post removed due to continued violation of the full name rule
Harald, if this guy posts one more time ignoring your warnings about the requirement for using his full name, just ban him and be done with it. He's obviously not interested in the rules here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
california, radical reptiles, stanton