Savigny's agama care help? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
BMLDN
Savigny's agama care help?

So i am thinking of getting a pair of Savigny's agama (Trapelus savignii). I can't seem to find much information around on the internet about caring for them. I currently keep beardies and was wondering do they require the same kind of care, if not what tips for care can anyone give me?

Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
rcarichter
I keep mine pretty much the same as beardies. They like to bask around 95, with the cool end being around 73. I give them an inch-deep water bowl. They will take any prey, but will often regurgitate mealworms and superworms, so I stick to crickets and roaches.
The females can get pretty stressed when they're ready to lay eggs. The glass seems to make them a bit nuts. I put paper over 3 sides of the cage and it helps quite a bit.
Their behavior is very similar to a beardie. They are out all day, and usually sleep out in the open rather than in a hide. Fairly easy to hold.

Noelle

Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Craig Messina
Savigny's Agamas

Email me with any questions.

0.0.5 hatched 10/6/14

Craig Messina
Tucson, Arizona
Sunrisereps@cox.net
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!