Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT: ERIC IVINS, SOUTH CENTRAL HERPETOLOGICAL - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #91
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutirostris1313 View Post
Eric treated me right.

Mark
Thats fine and dandy but what about the people he screwed?

Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 AM   #92
Lloyd Heilbrunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Constrictors View Post
RULE 7.175.
MOTIONS
FOR COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES
Any party seeking a judgment taxing costs or attorneys’ fees, or both, shall
serve a motion no later than 30 days after filing of the judgment, including a
judgment of dismissal, or the service of a notice of voluntary dismissal. In the event of a default judgment, no further motions are needed if costs or attorneys’ fees, or both, were sought in the statement of claim.

Whatever that means. I'm no lawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPantherx View Post
Lloyd, as I said, above states that attorney fees can still be retrieved. Best bet like Rich said is to check state laws, which I did prior to my reply. Apologies for any confusion.
Look guys, I've been trying to be polite here and give info without pulling rank, but you're wrong.

The procedure for claiming attorney's fees does not matter when there is no underlying right to fees for a particular case.

In Florida, attorney's fees are only allowed to be awarded from other party:

1 When applicable statute allows.
2 When a written contract specifically allows.
3 When a "common fund" exists.

2 is the only one which might apply here, and it is very unlikely.

Lloyd J. Heilbrunn, Esq.
Fla. Bar member since 1981.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 AM   #93
LauraB
Yo ....

1) Lloyd is correct where FL law is concerned.

2) The OP lives in Nigeria. Arguing about US attorney's fees seems petty at this point, is veering off-topic and does not help the OP at all..

Eric Ivins/SCH has shut down, made that fact public, and retained money that should have been returned to Oge Peters, the OP, a long time ago.

It ain't about attorney fees or nebulous interpretation of US (and not international) law.

Like Ed C. said, it's about "the people he screwed".

Old 10-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #94
Occidentalis
Any update here? The consensus was that Eric was shutting down, but he has been very active on Facebook lately, posting classified ads in a number of groups. I would hope some explanation would be available, but so far he hasn't offered anything despite reading this thread.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #95
neilg
ya.. what happened to the OP?

is the OP the only one to have published a negative BOI on faunaclassifieds, or are there others?

did Eric file his SCH business name in Brevard County with the state of Florida a year ago (October 2013) and go out of business within a year, already?

http://www.flindex.com/south-central-herpetological/

or..???

Old 10-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #96
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg View Post
ya.. what happened to the OP?

is the OP the only one to have published a negative BOI on faunaclassifieds, or are there others?
A number of users contributed similar experiences leading to negative reviews of the business. You may consider reading the thread from the beginning.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #97
opeters
Update

I hired a US attorney that sent a demand notice to Eric a few months ago, still no response. It seems further legal action is now the only route...

Old 10-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #98
neilg
i applaud u, OPeters for being apparently the 1st on FC(?) to not only be the only one(?) to bother to create a BOI entry for your negative experience with SCH/Eric.

it perplexes me how only after u appeared on the forum earlier this year, then did other existing FCers 'bother' to share their experiences- some of which dating back months and months prior to your own experience, unless i'm mistaken.

i would think considering the credit card and time constraints, one would be haste (but not pre-emptive) in drawing the line between understandable delays vs serial shady stalling for time as likely often seen with scammers accepting paypal for instance, 'delaying' shipments for livestock they may no longer or never owned, knowing now that paypal has shortened its time limit for filing disputes from some 60 days down to 45 and i would not be surprised if sometime in our lifetimes paypal reduces those timelines further.

in your case of international bank wires obviously u did not have the buying protection offered by a 3rd party (ie, credit card company, or visa/mc, or paypal, or escrow service) and its good to see u have not been exhausted by the agony of being scammed but instead continue on with the only legal recourse available - distance being overseas - by retaining legal services..

i wonder what your attorney(s) think of this character between his Judge Judy verdict in public mainstream media already as well as his masquerading as a Christian pastor/clergy/leader?!

Old 10-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #99
LauraB
Quote:
i wonder what your attorney(s) think of this character between his Judge Judy verdict in public mainstream media already as well as his masquerading as a Christian pastor/clergy/leader?!
That would be Rian Gittman from the "Underground Reptiles Stay Away!" thread.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #100
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Thats fine and dandy but what about the people he screwed?

He's allowed to share his input, Ed. Just like you did in the Underground thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Called Rian Gittman Monday 10/13 to discuss my issue with him hoping to come to an agreement.we agreed on a settlement.

He stepped up and made things right with me.

Thank you Rian.
People are allowed to share their experiences be they good or bad. Nobody held your feet to the fire in that thread, so you don't get to do it in this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!