Bad Guy Miranda Hudnall - Crested geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
Brannnnn18
Miranda Hudnall - Crested geckos

Unfortunately I need to warn everyone about a certain girl selling crested geckos who is "selling out". Her name is Miranda Hudnall and it has been one of the worst buying experiences I have had thus far and don't want anyone to go through the same thing. Everything started out really well and I purchased a "10g possible female crested gecko". She was very sweet and innocent the entire time praising me for what a great home she is going to etc etc. Well shipping day came and I received a tracking number. This tracking did not come up on fed ex so I figured I would message her and ask giving her the benefit of the doubt. While waiting for her to answer I check USPS aka snail mail and sure enough she shipped the gecko there. It said priority 2-day shipping at the top and I was mortified. I quickly brought it to her attention and she said she would be calling management to get it figured out.... Then I never herd from her. The gecko finally came today after the 2 days of being shipped. Box was a priority postal service box, no styrofoam insulators and the box was wet because it had to have rained and we all know how wonderful the USPS is. Anyway I unboxed my gecko and totally saw she was way under 10g. I weighed her and she barely hit 3g.... She didn't guarantee weight but said 10g so give or take 2g either way totally acceptable... This however is not. Things started to unravel before my eyes and she became rude and overly defensive while calling me names. Anyway she offered me a refund but I would have to ship the gecko back.... Best part is she claims she paid 60 dollars for shipping over nighted with USPS but on the box clearly says $6.00. I think I should be refunded some shipping money. I wanted to give you all a heads up incase she does this to anyone else. I included pics of the conversation hopefully they show up in order, the weight of the gecko, and the label on the box. Oh and after a few hours she clearly sees she is wrong but is still not the nicest so basically the apology is the worst ever. I have pictures of conversations of how rude and unprofessional she was I will post if I can figure out how to get the 10 pictures on here!
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
Brannnnn18
More conversation

More of the conversation
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #3
Brannnnn18
The last of it

this is it!
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
EmeraldBoid
Sounds like we're dealing with a 16 year old or even younger...sucks that she had to give herself a bad rep this early. Does she know about this thread?

Old 10-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
Guy Castro
These people,(rabid animals),(crooks), keep popping up. Would go a long way to put down all rabid animals!

Old 10-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
lillyorchid
Unbelievable. Thank you for putting this out there. Also her local USPS store may want to know that she is shipping illegal things through them.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
Unbelievable. Thank you for putting this out there. Also her local USPS store may want to know that she is shipping illegal things through them.
It is not illegal to mail non venomous lizards but for the sake of the critter USPS is not a good choice in my opinion.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid View Post
It's legal to ship lizards and geckos via USPS.
http://www.ups.com/animals

Old 10-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
oops wrong link
anyways, yes, as Lucille stated

Old 10-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #10
EmeraldBoid
The main problem with the shipping is that cresteds are very sensitive to temperatures 80F and above. I always hated shipping them door to door and would often ask if pick up was possible. On topic though, I realized her business MJ geckos was on my FB feed or something, apparently she's only been a "business" for 4-5 months...yet still does not have a scale, I could understand not having a shipping account this early, but a scale is a necessity for checking breeding weight and documenting growth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!