Prayers and well-wishes requested... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 PM   #21
Cat_72
Hey guys,

He's flying around in his "turbo chair" now....he has been making "baby steps" in progress each day. He still cannot use his hands or fingers as normal, but has feeling on the bottoms of his hands now. They've fitted him with an adaptive brace on his wrist/arm to hold a pencil so he can poke at his cell phone text message his friends, a very important thing for a teenager, lol. He's gaining some strength back in the one arm, and more slowly the other, though he has had a good deal more pain with that one. He has been able to remove his neck brace for increasingly longer periods during the day, which has been a big relief comfort-wise. Still nothing below the lower-chest area, really, but some pain....at this point, we don't know if it is real progress, or "phantom pain", but we are still praying.

He has some "down" times, but for the most part, still so incredibly positive and upbeat, it's unbelievable. He's had a whole lot of incredible support, from people all over the country. I can't even remember who all has visited him for "famous" type people, but I know one of his favorite days was when he had visits from Miss Minnesota, Miss Teen Minnesota, and a few of the Minnesota Vikings cheeleaders, lol. He has spoken with Shawn Johnson (Olympic gold medalist) by phone, and has received gifts from many famous athletes. Not to mention....all of the prayers and well wishes from so many.....he has said over and over that while the "presents are cool", the prayers have meant more to him than anything else.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #22
dprince
Hurray!! What a great, happy update. Thanks Kat, and many good wishes still coming his way for his continued progress!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #23
Cat_72
Thank you, Debbie!

His guests have been pretty limited, but they are relaxing that some now. Hoping that we may be able to get a few more of the boys from the team in there to see him on Sunday. We were really hoping that he could make the journey down for the last varsity FB game of the season tonight, but he just wasn't up to the journey yet...but his jersey is on the bench at every game, so it's known that he's there "in spirit".

Old 10-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #24
Cat_72
Almost forgot to post this....it's the most recent TV interview with Ty, it's so nice to see him out of bed and without that neck brace on. Some of you Animal Planet fans may recognize Jack the therapy dog that comes to visit him during the interview, as well.

The typed transcript of the interview is shown on the page at the link, but if you look in the upper right-hand corner, you can click to watch the full interview.

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S6...html?cat=10151

Old 10-31-2008, 08:06 PM   #25
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I missed this before~ I'll keep your friend in my prayers for his continued recovery. Such a difficult thing for anyone~ but an athletic teenager maybe most of all.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #26
Cat_72
Thank you, Cheryl.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!