Stupid thieves!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
DThomas
Stupid thieves!!

What kind of degenerate steals a curbside trash can? I was in my garage cleaning rat tubs and in the middle of it all, I noticed my curbside trash can was missing from my driveway. Now I have a large garbage bag full of soiled rat bedding and no where to put it. And to top it all off, I called the garbage company and it could take up to next friday before they can drop off another can. My brother, his truck, and I will be making a night time run to the local supermarket to make a deposit in their dumpster. There is no way that bag is going to sit in my garage for a week!

Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
My brother, his truck, and I will be making a night time run to the local supermarket to make a deposit in their dumpster. There is no way that bag is going to sit in my garage for a week!
Doesn't the grocery store pay for commercial trash pickup? Using their dumpsters is stealing too- taking volume from what they paid to have unloaded.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
What kind of degenerate steals a curbside trash can? I was in my garage cleaning rat tubs and in the middle of it all, I noticed my curbside trash can was missing from my driveway. Now I have a large garbage bag full of soiled rat bedding and no where to put it. And to top it all off, I called the garbage company and it could take up to next friday before they can drop off another can. My brother, his truck, and I will be making a night time run to the local supermarket to make a deposit in their dumpster. There is no way that bag is going to sit in my garage for a week!

It happened to me a couple of months ago. My recycling can just went poof.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Doesn't the grocery store pay for commercial trash pickup? Using their dumpsters is stealing too- taking volume from what they paid to have unloaded.
You're absolutely right. I have a buddy with a restaraunt. I'll use his dumpster with his permission.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
What kind of degenerate steals a curbside trash can?
That is really low down. Did any of your neighbors have any kind of theft as well?

Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
SPJ
A few years ago I lived in a terrible neighborhood and one day when I was bringing in the groceries, someone tried to steal them right out from under me. I brought a few bags into the house and had the car in the driveway with the trunk open. When I went back out, in a matter of minutes, there was a guy poking thru the rest of the bags and picking out what he wanted. Some people are just scum.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
Jim O
Here we get issued one barrel for trash and one for recycling. If you need another you pay for it. I have heard of people having them stolen, but it's usually on trash day after they have been emptied.

Sorry for you problems Dennis.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I imagine you thought of this already~ but.........
Have you tried looking down the street to see if it got blown down the street while empty? I know those things are huge and you wouldn't think it could happen.....
But it happened to me.

One day I went out front and my trash can was missing. I wasn't sure what to do~ there were trash cans all the way up and down the street (all empty after the trash run) but I didn't have one. So I walked down the street and counted the cans. When I found a house with two cans not sitting next to each other......I decided that was MY can and took it. Then I wrote my address on the can in sharpie. But~ the can never blew down the street again.

Try counting the cans on the street. Or wait till all your nieghbors bring in thier cans and see if there is a spare left on the street.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
ZX11
What is it with people stealing trashcans lately? A friend had hers stolen from its usual resting spot -- in her garage??

A month ago, I had something tied down in the back of my truck and a theif stole my tiedown straps and my truck was parked outside my front door not 10 feet away. The straps are cheap, but what they were holding was about 125 pounds of cast aluminum worth maybe $150. The aluminum was still there and intact, just the straps were gone.

Turns out, it was the upstairs neighbor. I went and asked about them and she denied it and blamed someone else who had just moved. A few weeks later, her son tells me the straps are in his living room. I went back and the mother said she stole them from the girl that stole them from my truck. Her son says his mom took them and had them all along.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #10
Golden Gate Geckos
Too bad they didn't steal it WITH all the soiled rat bedding in it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!