More advertisers needed.... *Quickly!* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-17-2002, 03:33 AM   #1
WebSlave
More advertisers needed.... *Quickly!*

I need all of those people whom said they were going to get banners made up to advertise here to shake a leg.

Traffic has been increasing steadily, and each of the banner ads in the rotation are scoring around 3,000 impressions per day during the weekdays. I never have been able to figure out why traffic dies down during the weekends. Is everyone using their computers at work to log in here?

Anyway, I don't want the current advertisers to have their impression allotment burned up too quickly so I need more banner ads in the rotation to take up some of the load. If just HALF of those people saying they were going to help out would really do so, it would help out things quite a bit. The more advertisers sharing the load, the LONGER everyone spreads out their paid allotment of impressions.

I don't understand it. Everyone seems intent to get MORE traffic to their sites. It's been nothing but headaches to me! Bandwidth limits being exceeded costing me more money. Advertisers complaining that their 100,000 impression allotment runs out way too quickly. High traffic is not all it's cracked up to be. Man, what am I doing WRONG??

Old 12-17-2002, 08:44 AM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Rich.... Get off your ass and start CHARGING to POST CLASSIFIED ADS!!
To be honest.... I've probably posted over 100 ads on this site, and the way I write them, I can tell if someone is responding to my ad through this site, or KS.... I don't think I have EVER been responded to by someone on THIS site? Yet, I will STILL continue to post here and I will also never let my Banner ad die out!
All the folks that you are talking about, that "promised" to get a banner ad up.... are ALL TALK! There is ALWAYS an excuse why they can't swing a whole $25 to get 100,000 or so impressions.... They consider themselves bigshots when they SAY they will do it.... but, then, nobody has the guts to follow through with their promises???
START CHARGING FOR CLASSIFIED ADS BEFORE THIS SITE DIES A SLOW DEATH! And, Rich.... DO IT NOW!!
Make some of these people put their money where their big mouths are!!

....Neil

Old 12-17-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
jbuncc
i agree that you should charge for classifieds, but i think you need to have different levels of membership for it. i hesitated to pay for kingsnake for almost a year because i have sold about 7 or 8 animals this year (all but 3 of them on here before my kingsnake account and the only reason i purchased it was to sell the animals VERY quickly) and with each one, i thought it was the last. i would recommend a charge for someone wanting to post just one classified (or maybe free??) or two or three, and then after that, they have to pay a set amount for say, five more, or ten more, etc... and then you have an unlimited membership (max 3 a day per forum, i think that's a good idea) for a flat fee. but definitely have a couple different levels for each level of hobbyist/business.

and neil, it's simple, get a new email address that you use for selling animals on this site. then, if someone emails that address, you know it's in response to an ad here. you can even set it up to where you get the email at your current address (a POP server) and when you respond, it will be your regular email address that you respond from. it will just be a way to check the effectiveness of this site's advertising. just a thought. or, you could offer a 5% discount to customers responding to ads from this site. just another thought.

jb

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!