Creating a website - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-31-2002, 02:42 PM   #11
NocturnalNature
Thanks Ritchie.
Yeah the picture thing really has me bummed. I tried and tried to figure out how to make them smaller but had no luck. You mentioned photo editing software, I have MGI Photosuite and Printshop. Will either one of those work? If not can you please recommend a good title.
Thanks
Jackie Lapradd

Old 12-31-2002, 03:10 PM   #12
HerpVenue
I think those would be good.
Just load the pics into the soft ware and tell it to save it "smaller"

Also....on my website
When I was doing links and care sheets and other stuff.
and writing code for html. I was getting tired of typing out everything. In homestead you can't right click while working with the soft ware for your website. Someone reminded me about CTRL C = copy .........and CTRL V = paste
Now I am not typing as much.

Old 12-31-2002, 03:23 PM   #13
Darin Chappell
Don't forget:

Ctrl + X = delete

and

Ctrl + Z = undo

Both of those functions are real time savers too!

Old 12-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #14
NocturnalNature
Thanks again guys!
I went back and resized all of the pictures. They load much faster but the picture quality has suffered somewhat.
If you get a chance please check out my site again and see if they load faster for you.
Thanks
Jackie Lapradd

Old 12-31-2002, 05:51 PM   #15
HerpVenue
That is much better.
Picture quality is just fine.
In fact it is above average.
I personally like to keep my picture quality at about average.....
saves some space on the "harddrive" or whatever on homestead.
Also when they were still pretty new. I signed up for five other free accounts. I sometimes store my pictures on the other accounts. They are like 8 megabytes of space for each account and 2 gigabytes of bandwidth. Not too bad for something free.
That is a total of 40 megabytes of disk space and 10 gigabytes of bandwidth free. And that is only my free accounts. I also have one I pay for.

Old 12-31-2002, 06:27 PM   #16
NocturnalNature
O.K., Thanks to my fellow BOI members I now have a functional website!
Can anyone now explain how to create a Banner so I can advertise on this site?
Thanks

Old 12-31-2002, 07:39 PM   #17
HerpVenue
ahaaa !! I really do wish I can help youwith that.
But I can't even help myself.
I once made my banned.
Well I am tired of it....but for some reason I can't make another.
Its as if I do not know how to make one. I lost the tools...I lost the knowledge...etc etc

Old 12-31-2002, 08:04 PM   #18
WebSlave
All a banner is, is nothing more than a graphics image. It can be as simple as just some text, or it can incorporate as complex an image as you can import or create. Any graphics program can do this. All it needs to be (in the case of banner ads here) is of the correct dimensions and in either JPG or GIF format. I think every graphics program on the planet can create images in those two formats. Matter of fact, Windows has a resident Paint program that will allow you to make a banner and will save it in the above mentioned formats. Then all you need to do is to send the banner via email along with the URL (link address) of where you want the banner to point to when someone clicks on the image.

It's really not that hard, but having an artistic talent is a big PLUS for something like this. To get best results, it is often best just to have someone else make one up for you.

There are LOTS of people out there whom would create a banner for you for around $25. Lacey Wilson (FeralDesign) created the logo for the FaunaClassifieds site. For my CornSnakes.com Forums, I ran a contest and had about 20 entries or so from which to choose a winner. I had a LOT of real nice entries there, so the talent is definitely available to draw from.

Old 12-31-2002, 08:05 PM   #19
HerpVenue
You are in luck my friend
I am currently making a banner as we speak.
I found this neato site on the internet.

http://www.crecon.com/banners.html

it lets you make your own.
there is a part where you just type in what you want and it makes it for you.

There is also a part where it is totally customizable.

GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY !!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!