Desperate need for breeding advise - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
Flyride
Question Desperate need for breeding advise

Ok here it is, both columbian redtails. My female is in the high 6' range almost 7' not fat but has very good girth and is a 6yr old virgin. my male is a lil over 5' and isnt thin but tone. I have idea temps and humidity (91hot-82cold- 85ambient-55%hum) in a non traffic room not really disturbed just when I check on them.

Ok now to the problem, either my male plays for the other team or my ladie wants to wait for marrage because they are not doing anything but laying togeather on the hot side then the cold ect... She resently went into a shed and I took him out for about 8 days then the night she shedded I placed him back in and no action.

Please anyone give me some help or ideas I have come to the point to were I will try anything

Old 02-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #2
Randy T.
Lower your ambient temps to the low 80s (around 80-82) mist them regularly (when I sprayed down my breeding pair this year they started going at it fairly quickly afterwords) also lower the day/night cycle so light matches that of the natural cycle..

Good luck..
Later

Old 02-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #3
drimes
I have noticed the most action out of our pairs when the cool side is about 77 degrees. They still have a hot spot to go to when they want, so I am not at all worried about it being to cold. We live in Florida and it warmed up here the last week and as soon as it got around 82 on the cool side the action stopped. Sooo,
I turned on the AC and they went right back at it. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!