Steve Vigo, Chameleons By Design, Caution - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Chameleon Company
Exclamation Steve Vigo, Chameleons By Design, Caution

There is no pleasure in posting a negative thread about another vendor in the business.

I shipped Steve a group of chameleons on Feb 19th, 2008. The total cost to him was $1780, of which he paid $1000 prior to shipping, and had committed to pay the balance, $780, on or about Feb 22nd. Steve communicated that he was very pleased with the animals, and I can honestly say that he got a good deal. I had dealt with Steve several times prior, but always at lesser volumes.

He missed that scheduled payment date, and has also missed three since. On each occasion, he set the date to expect payment. On each occasion, no payment materialized, and neither did any pro-active contact from Steve. On each occasion, after letting several days to a week pass, I would email Steve, and most times no reply was received. When I was able to get his attention, he would commit to a new payment date, at his choosing. No payment resulted. No communication as to the missed expectation.

He is in Florida as am I. He knows that I will pursue legal action. No one wants that. He was also warned 10 days ago that I would pursue notice in forums such as this. I was mum to someone's inquiries here over a week ago about Steve. We all run into difficulties, some more than others. What I cannot give respect to is being fed BS, and then the silence. I have explained this to Steve. I expect a commitment from him that he can honor. More than that, I expect communication when something goes awry. He will get a link to this as soon as it is posted. I will post relevent communications only if there is a need to further substantiate my claims should a denial occur. In the meantime, buyers and sellers need to exercise a higher level of caution with Steve and Chameleons By Design. This thread will get its bumps, and should a resolution occur, not words, I will post such.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Junkyard
Jim that is a bummer. Since this has been up for over an hour have you received any word from Steve?

Old 03-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Chameleon Company
No Michael. I haven't received word from him, even with my inquiries, once he missed his last "I will take care of this" date, which were the beginning of this past week. You can email him about availability in one of his KS ads, and he will respond though .

I do not believe his original intent was to reneg on the deal. He was likely way too optimistic about his cash flow, unfortunately with me or others holding the bag. Its the continued failure to contact me when he misses his terms. No other way to look at it except that he has little respect for what he owes, or to whom. Otherwise, he would take it all more seriously, i.e. don't say "I'll have you paid the first of next week", when there is no reasonable expectation of meeting it, and then going mum on it all once the promise becomes idle. With most of us who are in the business, we expect payment shortfalls. We don't expect the disrespect of being ignored, and there just isn't patience for it. I do hope this is resolved, obviously, but also hope better for Steve. No way to run a business, or a life.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
snake5007
It sounds like you've been very patient with him Jim. Keeping an open line of communication is the least he should've done. Maybe now that you've posted this he'll get a move on and send you what's owed.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #5
Junkyard
I sent him a message through KS letting him know about this thread.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:16 AM   #7
Junkyard
That link is for this thread.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:03 AM   #8
Helenthereef
I wish people would just realise that if they can't make payment it's better to contact the person you owe, explain, and make a realistic payment schedule.
Refusal to communicate just makes it worse for everyone.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
Chameleon Company
Not a word. Thanks for sending him a link Mike. I had done so the minute after the thread was posted also. The disappointment seems well-founded.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
Chameleon Company
Steve,
With the thead here, I am now hearing from folks that I never knew, but who tell me stories that make you sound a bit less than mediocre. Until they post, I guess my powers of persuasion are not very good. In the meantime, with each passing day, you are looking like more of a bum. I don't think this thread would be here if you had said anything that had ended up being truthful regarding fixing this in our prior email exchanges. You also know that I don't screw around with idle legal threats. Mine are 100% grade A legitimate. Would be nice to chalk this up to a momentary abherration, and not the true character of the man. You will decide that issue.

That round thing on the ground in front of you is the ball on your side of the court Steve. Been laying there a while now. Do you step up ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!