Cindy Chicvara -aka- Dragonlady58 - take a pass! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #51
coyote
368 Posts on a thread about Adam of Millennium Morphs standing on principle. 368 posts where a majority soundly chastised Adam for "jerking" his dissatisfied buyer (Matt Crabe) around regarding a refund.

Pride goeth before a fall.

So, am I the only one who sees similarities in these two situations?

Old 01-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #52
liquidleaf
I can understand how this customer's comments would rub a seller the wrong way... but if she demanded a refund, no matter how politely, or how uncivilized, she demanded, it is due to her. In my opinion, the buyer overreacted to the delay (saying 2 months when 2 months had not passed)..... but that doesn't mean you should drag your feet in refunding her money. You don't have to grovel to customers, but if both you and she agree that the money should be refunded, you'd show yourself to be the more professional one if you had just refunded the money voluntarily.

Just my opinion, but my response to her rudeness would have been "I am sorry that you are unhappy with this transaction. I regret that UPS had a lapse in their normal pickup schedule due to holiday overload, but did attempt to keep you informed about this delay. In any case, my apologies that this transaction did not conclude to your satifsaction, your money will be refunded as soon as possible."

Being cool and detached is sometimes the only way to deal with some kinds of customers... no matter what they say or do. If you answer someone with a polite but less emotional response, as others have said earlier, they probably will calm down in turn. Even if you take offense to her language, she's still unhappy with the delay... so to be a professional businessperson, it would be the best response just to issue it and be done with it. The response that "I was going to give her the money back, but she was so rude, now she has to wait until Paypal forces the refund" seems a bit childish to me. You're the professional....

Old 01-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #53
critical bill
Latest emails from Cindy....

Cindy has taken the time to request her refund through PayPal as I instructed. Although this was sufficient enough, and she didnt need to email me anymore with any further nonsense, and even after I requested she not email me again anymore with any nonsense, she did. Also attached at top is my reply to her.

It would seem she copied (CC) Mike Greathouse on these emails...so perhaps he can elaborate further on the matter.

-----------------------------------------------
References: <4157-22006121055159296@earthlink.net>
To: <caninelove@earthlink.net>
Subject: Refund Request
Your request for a refund through PayPal has been received. Please be aware that while I would like to review and process your refund immediately, unfortunately I will not be available over the next seven days to do so. PayPal has granted me ten days to comply with your request and I will just as soon as I return.

Chuck
A Keepers Choice

---------------------------------------------------
To: "Chuck" <admin@akeeperschoice.com>
Subject: RE: Fw: Re: Reptile Auction Winner Invoice
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:51:59 -0800
I requested the refund from you but I will happily notify PayPal that the goods were never shopped as promised and you agreed to refund my money. As for your chat group, good luck creating "good business" while being disrespectful to honest buyers. I waited around for over three weeks and your communications were poor. Live with it. Would you like me to publish your entire correspondence with me. I am sorry because I believe your turtles lost out on a wonderful warm weather home. I don't believe UPS doesn't ship during the holidays since I received and sent many shipments at that time without delay.

I never called you dishonest. I guess you looked in the mirror...

C. Chicvara
caninelove@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~caninelove
----------------------------------------

Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #54
Mike Greathouse
I'm afraid that I cannot elaborate on it.
The email she sent me (probably the same one Chuck received) had Chuck listed as a CC.

I got the impression from her email that she thought that I was hosting The Board of Inquiry that that she felt I was wrong for doing so.

I replied letting her know that this was not the case, but as of yet, have not received a response.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #55
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Your request for a refund through PayPal has been received. Please be aware that while I would like to review and process your refund immediately, unfortunately I will not be available over the next seven days to do so. PayPal has granted me ten days to comply with your request and I will just as soon as I return.
Chuck,

You told her you will not be available to process her refund through PayPal and yet you are currently on-line? Don't you think it might be about time to rethink your position? After the seven days are over it will be too late…

Regards.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #56
critical bill
Sorry....

This is the email that Cindy copied Mike G. on, not the other one. It would appear its aimed more at Rich Z., fauna and its members, rather than just me. I really don't know what to make of it, but theres nothing I think I need to respond to in it.

-------------------------------------------------
To: mike@reptiliandreams.com
Cc: sales@akeeperschoice.com
Subject: Link regarding a chat group
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:07:48 -0800
I was disappointed to receive a link regarding a lot of disrespectful nonsense posted on a chat group that I assume you host. Chuck or "akeeperschoice" promised to ship turtles to me back in mid December. It is now nearly mid January and after sitting at home many days awaiting the turtles without correspondence from Chuck that the turtles were not sent, I still have not received the turtles. Last week I requested a refund from the seller and today I received correspondence from Chuck that he will not reply to my request for another 10 days. I paid him by PayPal on 12/20/05 after winning his auction on 12/19/05. I am out $195 in December and now January.

I think your chat line is misleading. It is a shame people who have nothing else to do will jump on honest people like me. I do breed dogs and I always honor my contracts of purchase. I take care of my animals and I do not engage in petty bickering because it just has not professional. My clients get what they are promised.

I cannot believe people pay $10 to "bad mouth" others and I feel sorry for those who have nothing better to do with their money. How the issue of the return of my money from "Chuck" remains to be seen (and received) but I think a public forum such as yours is irresponsible. Good luck otherwise in the care and health of your chosen progeny, reptilian or otherwise.

Cindy Chicvara

C. Chicvara
caninelove@earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~caninelove

----------------------------------------------------

END.

Well...in any event...I'll be processing Cindy's refund request when I return back in a week or so. I'm a little busy at the moment preparing and training my two legged peekapitbull, "Tippy", for the International 2006 Purina/Skippy competition.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #57
Mike Greathouse
Yes - That's the same email that I received. I just found it odd that it was addressed to me, rather then having me listed as a CC.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #58
kmurphy
In my opinion Cindy does have a legitimate complaint. There is no question that things went down hill after her original "theatening" email but both sides have said things that weren't necessary. I just can't see that she did anything that warrants being jerked around for another 7-10 days. I've seen it written here many times. "How long does it take to issue a refund with paypal". It seems it only takes a few minutes.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #59
Mike Greathouse
Chuck,
Although you could have ended this days ago with a few mouse clicks, you chose to stand on principle and wait for Cindy to request the refund.
Now that she has done this, you're telling her to wait another week?

She paid within 24 hours of the close of the auction.
Take 60 seconds and put this behind you.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #60
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Chuck,

You told her you will not be available to process her refund through PayPal and yet you are currently on-line? Don't you think it might be about time to rethink your position? After the seven days are over it will be too late…

Regards.
Sorry Dan....I'd love to take the time to reply, but I'm running out the door. Be back in seven days to reply to you all....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!