Allen from Reptile Kingdom, in New Jersey, Beware - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #191
DVMExotics
Lost money as well from Allen over a dead snake

I purchased a baby rainbow boa from Allen at the white plains show. In a week it died. I contacted him and he stated he sold it for someone and that he would speak to them about reimbursing the money. He kept saying he would be at the next show and I could talk to him directly. Well what a surprise he never shows up when he is to be there so Im out the snake and the money I spent. This has been going on for a year now. The snake was cared for properly in that week I had it before it died. I have bought from him before and recomended him but since that loss I will never buy or recomend him again unless he makes good on it.

Allen if you ever want to make good on that snake and return my money I spent for her I would gladly accept it!! Would change my thoughts on your animals. Send me an email if you want to refund the money. your "friend" if he does exist mad you look bad. It was an animal on your table so it was your responsibility.

Chris
petabm@yahoo.com

Old 01-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #192
ReptileKIngdom
Triple Moons, in response to your post

"Allen, you simply shouldn't have ordered the animals if you didn't have the funds to pay for them. That's bad business. "

I in fact had the money to pay for the animals and a customer i sold animals to in the amount of somewhere around $2500 bounced a check on me that was never made good on. This is what i have been going through for the past year with this economy, i have lost almost $10k from people not paying me. Stores going out of business and leaving open invoices with no one to pay for them. Am i the only one struggling with the economy? By the sound of your post you act as though i am a millonaire from this business and i am just trying to not pay the guy. That is not the case, no one can understand my financial situation except for me. If i were able to recoup the money lost that i had when i ordered the milk snakes from Michael we would not even be having this conversation.

Chris, whether you would like to believe it or not, the rainbows that were on my table at that show were not mine, i collected no money from them, they were my friends. He will be at the show next week if you would like to talk to him face to face. His name is Jim. I will encourage him to take care of you, but in the case of this issue there is no reason to pile on, you didn't buy the snake from me, in fact he was the one that sold it directly to you even though he was behind my table.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #193
DVMExotics
Allen,

I have heard that he will be at the show every time I question you about it then I talk to you at the show and he is never there. So it is a waste of my time to do that. Plus I cannot make it to this show any way. Easier for him to get the refund back to me. I take paypal. Even if it wasnt an animal of yours which I believe it was not yours it was still on your table so like I said it makes you look bad when its not made good on. For the sake of how you do business it should have been made good on and he pressured by you for him to fix it. I have bought many animals from your table but dont want to now in case this happens again. If he wants to make good on it give him my email and have him contact me. Even if it was him it makes you look bad as it was your table.

Chris

Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #194
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVMExotics View Post
Allen,

I have heard that he will be at the show every time I question you about it then I talk to you at the show and he is never there. So it is a waste of my time to do that. Plus I cannot make it to this show any way. Easier for him to get the refund back to me. I take paypal. Even if it wasnt an animal of yours which I believe it was not yours it was still on your table so like I said it makes you look bad when its not made good on. For the sake of how you do business it should have been made good on and he pressured by you for him to fix it. I have bought many animals from your table but dont want to now in case this happens again. If he wants to make good on it give him my email and have him contact me. Even if it was him it makes you look bad as it was your table.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileKIngdom View Post
I guess i will put in my two cents here since once again this involves me. Michael i appologize for taking so long to get you paid, however i intend to pay you as quickly as i possibly can. I have been burned many times over the past year, i am sure as a direct result of the floundering economy which has effected myself terribly as well. That is why i have been unable to get you paid. I did not sell your animals and keep the money for myself to make your suffer, in fact i still have most of them for sale but have not had buyers for them. Is it right for me to not have paid you? Absolutely not, however i have not been able to generate enough sales to make that happen, and as i said i have been burned more in the last year than ever in the history of my business. Also to address another point of this thread, do i write bad checks. Yes i have written bad checks, however not on purpose as funds were there when i wrote the check but due to checks bouncing on me caused those checks to bounce. I have never intentionally written a "HOT" check for the record. I hope i can further work this out with Michael because as i said, i never intended to not pay him.
You have been burned and could not pay for them in a years time, but you can buy dragons from me all spring and summer from the reptile show in cash??? and that wasnt a small bank roll you pulled outta your pocket either homie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!