Info Chris Davis aka calebroad - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #11
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
I am new and trying to get a footing with reptiles as a hobby. I have found most everyone to be friendly and happy to help me along. I am thankful for those who have taken the time to help show me the ropes. I went into this negotiations with high hopes and good intentions. But because of a single email snafu with Mr. Anastoasiou email either being lost, in spam, or simply overlooked. Things quickly spiraled way out of control and I felt bullied, but also that my honor was being challenged.

It was never my intention for this to go as far as it has and I certainly could have handled my emotions of feeling bullied better. Let me apologize for the role that I played in this for it would have been a good transaction for the both of us.

This is now over as far as I am concerned and a valuable lesson learned, for a new member to the forum.

Thank You,
Chris Davis

I appreciate you coming here & apologize.

Could you point to me where you were bullied?

Old 02-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #12
calebroad
I felt bullied and that my honor was being challenged since it was a single lost or misplaced email drew very sharp and fast criticism. And I went on the defense. As I said, the situation should have been handled differently. Thank You, Chris

Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #13
Snake-Queen
Your actions were not an appropriate response to the situation. Someone saying they will no longer do business with you after you never responded to his acceptance of your offer. (Whether or not it went into your spam folder.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #14
calebroad
Melissa, you seem like your set on having a dispute, however, I do not wish to engage in the activitie. I have recently started working with reptiles. I did not see Nicholas' reply. Causing him to react in a manor that I felt was challenging my honor and bullied.

I feel I have explained this should have been handled differently. Even after explaining the single response may have been overlooked, I only received hostile responses. I went in defense mode, I should have taken a different approach to the circumstances.

I hope you have a great day and perhaps we can close the matter and look forward to children, business, and our daily lives.

Thank You,
Chris

Old 02-18-2016, 12:21 AM   #15
EdwardK
Quote:
Melissa, you seem like your set on having a dispute, however, I do not wish to engage in the activitie. I have recently started working with reptiles. I did not see Nicholas' reply. Causing him to react in a manor that I felt was challenging my honor and bullied. .
Your getting flack because you keep trying to justify your responses as you "felt bullied" and that your honor was "insulted". The problem for you is that it is clear in the e-mail chain that you insulted and threatened the OP repeatedly. In addition you kept firing off e-mails despite the OP's lack of response.
Doesn't that constitute bullying? It comes across as you were attempting to insult the OP into agreeing to the transaction, particularly when you threatened him if you meet him a swap or show and send out a mass e-mail about his "rant".

Your claiming it was a simple mistake because it went to your spam folder but that doesn't excuse you from not following up with the OP nor does it excuse your response to the polite rejection of the deal after ten days. There are a lot of people who are tire kickers and want animals etc but never follow through with the seller. The OP did you a courtesy by waiting ten days for your response before he let you politely know that he was moving on. It isn't unreasonable for the seller to do so since if he "agreed to the deal" a second time you could dangle him on the hook for another ten days. I would have canceled the deal after five days (which is typically considered one business week).

Continuing to try and pass this off with you being the victim comes off as you being at best insincere and at worst a simple denial of responsibility for your actions. Neither is a good indication for people to be willing to do business with you in the future.

some comments

Ed

Old 02-18-2016, 12:38 AM   #16
calebroad
Yes Ed, I cannot read all that, I'm sorry. But I felt bullied, I could have handled it differently, and can use it as a learning experience. Have a good day! Chris

Old 02-18-2016, 12:46 AM   #17
tlmoon
Quote:
I am new and trying to get a footing with reptiles as a hobby. I have found most everyone to be friendly and happy to help me along. I am thankful for those who have taken the time to help show me the ropes. I went into this negotiations with high hopes and good intentions. But because of a single email snafu with Mr. Anastoasiou email either being lost, in spam, or simply overlooked. Things quickly spiraled way out of control and I felt bullied, but also that my honor was being challenged.

It was never my intention for this to go as far as it has and I certainly could have handled my emotions of feeling bullied better. Let me apologize for the role that I played in this for it would have been a good transaction for the both of us.

This is now over as far as I am concerned and a valuable lesson learned, for a new member to the forum.

Thank You,
Chris Davis
Fair enough - we all make mistakes and sometimes let our emotions dictate our words. I'm not entirely clear on the whole situation, but you have come here, posted an apology and you are replying to others politely. That's more than many people ever do when in a difficult situation. So I give you props for that.

If you start to get upset reading responses, just step back from the computer. Knowing when to take a deep breath and walk away from a difficult situation is one of those very useful life skills. It's easy to get caught up in a situation and lose sight of the bigger picture.

Old 02-18-2016, 12:52 AM   #18
calebroad
Thank you Theresa for your understanding, I'm only human. But I do learn from mistakes.

Chris

Old 02-18-2016, 12:57 AM   #19
Snake-Queen
The fact that you were polite in your responses here & have apologized, does show you can learn from your mistakes & truly regret your actions.

Unless Nick has anything else to add, this should be over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-18-2016, 01:06 AM   #20
calebroad
Could Not Agree More! lol

I will use this as a platform to improve, and become better.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!