What's your favorite Jungle Carpet line? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Araidia
What's your favorite Jungle Carpet line?

I'll be shopping for a nice jcp male soon so i was wondering what everyone thinks is the best line to get one from, I want one that has clean bright yellow and deep black with no yellow in it.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Bowdoin55
If you are looking for a "classic" jungle (bright contrast, velvety black with minimal tipping), I recommend Head Hunter Reptiles. The offspring of their Brinkley (an exceptional female from Will Leary's covergirl line) x Victor pairing might be just what the doctor ordered!

Check out their website: http://www.headhunterreptiles.com/

The photos of the adults and offspring listed there speak for themselves.

Please note that I have no affiliation with this breeder; I'm just an extremely satisfied repeat customer.

Great guys with great snakes.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Araidia
Thank you, they look amazing.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
mister
Hi Britt, Excellent suggestions would be Headhunters ,Will Bird, lineage in my opinion would be Casey Lazik, Matt Turner-Take your time ,do your homework, I see alot of nice jungles,but believe me its a world apart between common jungles and truly greats- I suggest these Breeders from personal experience , I love my jungles!!!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
fishnfool73
Look at pictures of their parents is the bottom line to picking out one that should turn out nice. Spend a few extra bucks and buy from a reputible breeder

Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
Skanakis
Bryan Hummel. He doesnt have a web page with jcps. He owns rainbowboas.com. But if you can get him on facebook...he has some of the SICKEST jags....and insane JCPs.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
derekroddy
Also keep in mind that while talking about "lines, etc.....yes...you could get a nice animal.......but, 5 out of every 1000 look like what you're trying to get. They are just few and far between.

Your best chances to getting animals like you want is to buy the best looking pair you can.....raise them up, breed them and then..... keep ALL the offspring and hold back the best ones after 2 years of growing.

Trying to buy this type of animal based on the appearance of the parents.....is NOT a sure fire way to get those nice animals you're talking about.
I 've seen some smoking adults....produce...not so hot babies.....on the other side of that....seen not so great adults....produce the most bad ass Jungles I've ever seen.

The bottom line is....if you want the best jungle carpets you can get.....you have to breed them yourself...because NOBODY is going to sell you their "best" jungle.

D

Old 11-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #8
derekroddy
Just to give you idea of what I'm talking about......I personally know 6 keepers.....that for the last 10 years have been looking for those "special" jungles.........

they still don't have them.

Sure, you CAN get lucky and get a nice one....but, the shortest way to solve the issue is to do it yourself through selective breeding.

D

Old 11-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
Araidia
Thanks for all the help guys . I wish I could breed them and keep all the babies for that long but I don't have the room. The male jcp I have now that's just a pet came from awesome looking parents and turned out with good yellow but smudgy on top, lol guess you can't win with buying babies. The next one I get is going to be 2+ years old and I'll look for one that has good looking parents to so I'll at least have one that has clean yellow and hopefully he'll pass it on lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!