Greetings from PA! New herp owner. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
LadyJemima
Greetings from PA! New herp owner.

No one really replies to these threads, but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway. Longtime herp admirer, new herp (snake) owner! I adopted (rescued) my sweet by Tango about a month ago and he has been my new best friend ever since. I'm also seeking a leucy Eastern rat but am finding them harder to come by. I've already used this forum's BOI to check out vendors at the recent Hamburg, PA expo (very helpful!) Thank you!
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJemima View Post
No one really replies to these threads
Ouch, that hurts. Welcome Alissa (and tango) to Fauna! Of course if you've already been using the BOI, then you know what a wealth of information is here at your disposal. Enjoy!

Old 08-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #3
LadyJemima
Quote:
Ouch, that hurts. Welcome Alissa (and tango) to Fauna! Of course if you've already been using the BOI, then you know what a wealth of information is here at your disposal. Enjoy!
Lol, welcome threads have very few replies. That said, thank you for the warm welcome!

Old 08-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
, I agree it hurts. But, seriously, I try and respond to the welcome the threads. Apparently, I still need to work on being more proficient at doing it. Also, your Pantherophis guttatus looks great. How/what organization did you rescue your specimen from?

Old 08-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #5
LadyJemima
Tango was a Craigslist snake because I was having trouble finding a somewhat affordable surplus adult from breeders. They tend to be priced for breeding, and I needed one priced for educational use. He is in fantastic condition (although there is a rather ongoing debate about whether his weight of 470g is too much at 1.5 years). He is healthy, happy, active, and already in his second shed! Unlike my first rescue, Ruby (who came from an awful family), he was being rehomed because the woman's boyfriend didn't like snakes (IMO...get a new boyfriend! )

I'm quite in love with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!