Boa Genetic help needed. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
ageckointhegarage
Boa Genetic help needed.

I've been thinking of breeding Boas for a long time and I'm kind of confused on what types of boas I'd get from the two I want to breed. I plan to breed a Hog Island Male Het Albino, with a Hypo Jungle Het Albino (not a hog island boa) would this leave me with Sunglow Jungles or Albino Jungles or just something strange. any opinions?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #2
allreptiles1966
Hi Chris
Yes,you could get Sunglow jungles from this pairing. Normal sunglows too. Same with the albinos. Although your hets won't be 100% het,they will be 66% het for albino. Best bet is to use a Sunglow with the hypo jungle het albino. Your odds of getting sunglows will go up. You will get super hypos in that litter also.
Best of luck

Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
ageckointhegarage
Thanks that's actually what I'm doing instead, thanks for confirming my research.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:16 AM   #4
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageckointhegarage View Post
Thanks that's actually what I'm doing instead, thanks for confirming my research.
Anytime man. Best of luck to you. Not sure the Sunglow you will be using,but get the best you can afford. Lipstick,coral or groovy lines are good. Even a good pastel line.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Please just make sure when you get offspring and want to sell them that you mention what the parents are (that the male is a hog isle mix) since the babies would then be locality mixes as well and not simply sunglows/albinos.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
allreptiles1966
Very true April. I forgot to say that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!