cmg reptiles......poss dh sharp x albino boas ????? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:23 PM   #31
Brian Oakley
I do not see why (going on memory as the pic is not shown here where I am typing my reply) there would be 6.25% homozygous for kahl het sharp AND 12.5% homzygous for Kahl het sharp. That makes no sense. WHy not be 18% homzygous for Kahl het sharp?

Old 02-06-2004, 01:25 PM   #32
Mickey_TLK
WOW THIS IS STARTING TO GET FUN

LETS TRY

Hypo Arabesque 50% het albino x hypo motley triple het (100%het albino) (66% het anery) (50% het stripe)

JUST KIDDING but that is where the boa world is going, isnt it great.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 02-06-2004, 01:26 PM   #33
Brian Oakley
In addition, that is what I was saying in my post from late last night. There would be (or SHOULD BE) albinos that express both traits.....going by the last line from the genetics wizard thingy.

I knew that anyway, but it has yet to be seen.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:30 PM   #34
Mickey_TLK
Brian

You are reading it a bit wrong.

6 % would be kahl
12% would be kahl het sharp

So 18% would be kahl albinos, but only 2/3 of them would also be het sharp. And of course there would be no way of telling what ones were het and the ones that arent. Thus at that point all the "kahl" albinos would be possible het sharp and vice versa.

That being said, I personally wouldnt go that route. As a novelty it would be interesting to see, and cool to say you were the "first" to produce both albinos from one pairing or a multi trait albino. However the reality is that it MAY become very confusing to tell one albino from the other (allthough I would assume telling a sharp from a kahl in the same litter would be much like spotting a sunglow in a sunglow litter).

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 02-06-2004, 01:35 PM   #35
Brian Oakley
you are right, I misread it. How silly of me.

Interesting thoughts about this. Might be something worth trying one day. What do you have to lose.

Old 02-06-2004, 01:42 PM   #36
Mickey_TLK
The only good that could come of it is if you had enough unrelated double dose albino genetics available.

Then you oould take a sharp albino het for kahl and breed it to a kahl albino het for sharp.

This would likely be the "safest" albino x albino pairing you could do, as it would be very similar to breeding a albino x het, HOWEVER you would get in theory 75% albinos instead of 50$ albinos. But again you would have a confusing mess of albino genes that many other breeders would find little or only half value in.

But it would be pretty cool.

Mickey Hinkle
The LIzard King Reptiles

Old 02-06-2004, 01:49 PM   #37
Suncoast Herpetological
Alyssa

That is the exact set of parameters I used and, I believe, the same supposition Rob used as well.

Brian

The only answer i can give is that, mathematically, that is the way it calculates on a Punnett Square

Old 02-06-2004, 02:00 PM   #38
Suncoast Herpetological
Just an intersting thought though. This scenario is very similar to the genetic mix on Blizzard Corns i:e Charcoal and Anery A. The resulting double homozygous animal could definitely be something unique.

Old 02-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #39
rickus6
sharp strain hts

Try writting this guy I believe he is expecting from two 100% hets.
rkane2199@earthlink.com. Good luck. Rick Marsh

Old 02-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #40
The BoidSmith
Back to the topic of this thread

A few weeks ago they had a baby female albino (Kahl) for sale. I offered to pay for her in installments and I was told that it might be possible as they were raising money to invest in ball pythons. A couple of days later I contacted them again to check if they were still interested in the deal. At that point I was told they had purchased a baby albino male male so they were withdrawing the baby female from the market as they were planning to keep the pair. A couple of weeks later they posted a "similar" baby female for exactly the same price. It looked like the same one to me, so I inquired if they had changed their mind. They told me it was a different baby female they had produced from their adult Kahl breeder. I asked for pictures of the adults just to verify their looks as mature animals but never heard back from them.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!