Bad Guy James/ Ember Gecko - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #51
JButera
I'm with Theresa, forget James and his geckos..file a claim with Paypal and buy from someone else. What if you do receive them and something's wrong. Do you want to dredge through this bs again? There's plenty of geckos in the sea.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:26 PM   #52
juliasara
Between the issues in the other thread with his genetics and health of his animals and how he has treated you so far I agree, get your money back and be glad you dodged a bullet. There are plenty of great breeders out there. I paid for a gecko yesterday around 10 am and had it by 9 am this morning. I wasn't expecting to get it till next week when I paid but the breeder asked if I'd like it today and made the effort to get her out to me today. James had at least 6 days to prepare to ship your geckos and couldn't even get it done. I think he's made it clear all he cares about is the money not his customers.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #53
Sgtflex
Thank you I have been checking out geckosetc.com and see a few there I like but anyone that can point me in the direction of some really nice giants or super giants I would be happy.

In relation to James, he is not happy I filed my dispute and has ceased negotiations with me. I now have no choice but to escalate it to a claim in hopes of recovering my money. I will wait a few more months to own my first geckos and settle for my lovely ball pythons in the interim. Little disappointed as I was anticipating those animals and was even willing to fly just for them.

On the up side the airline is willing to credit me the majority of my ticket fee until my next flight so I guess in a nutshell its working itself out. Took allot of pleading and explanation but I was lucky to meet an awesome manager.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:10 AM   #54
Pasodama
100% fault is upon the seller (James).
That being the case, further complicated with Ezra's location (which was known, early on, by seller), James should refund Ezra.
I mention the further complication, of Ezra's location, but James' failure to ship/deliver, based on lack of supplies (esp. well enough past agreement), is enough for Ezra to merit a refund.

Ezra, do not drop the Paypal dispute, or claim (if you make it a claim), unless/until James gives you a refund, or an acceptable resolution, and you have that in hand (not just his word).
If PayPal does not help, go to your credit card company or bank (whichever was used to pay via Paypal).

Old 02-05-2016, 12:13 AM   #55
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtflex View Post
On the up side the airline is willing to credit me the majority of my ticket fee until my next flight so I guess in a nutshell its working itself out. Took allot of pleading and explanation but I was lucky to meet an awesome manager.
That is good to see.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:40 AM   #56
LauraB
I agree with the majority here.

James was well aware that Ezra was travelling here from abroad to receive the geckos. James was well aware of the time element involved and agreed to ship to the FedEx Center in Newark on Thursday for a Friday pickup, knowing full well when Ezra would arrive.

As a vendor, it is James' responsibility to have shipping materials on hand in order to satisfy customer orders, especially if he is actively advertising and especially when he had an entire month to do so in this particular case. He failed. Miserably.

Also note that in a subsequent email, after he failed to ship when promised, James asks "please avoid Friday delivery when possible". Perhaps that should have been broached by James during the month this transaction transpired and before he agreed to ship on Thursday for a Friday delivery to the FedEx center.

Of course, there is also the possibility the heat pack excuse is entirely bogus and James is just a (censored) and taking advantage.

Ezra is due a complete refund, and James may want to reconsider his "customer service".

Old 02-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #57
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtflex View Post
Thank you I have been checking out xxxxxx and see a few there I like but anyone that can point me in the direction of some really nice giants or super giants I would be happy.
That is a matter which is not appropriate for this particular thread - feel free to ask for such recommendations in the gecko discussion area, or by PM

Old 02-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #58
Casey Hulse
Good luck with the claim Ezra.
Do not close the claim until you have something "in hand"

Old 02-05-2016, 08:08 AM   #59
Sgtflex
sorry I'm still getting accustom to the forum and the rules. thank you for the advice and we'll wishes everyone. I will update you all on how it works out. From my ball pythons I know some amazing breeders and this one guy is just an exception to all the amazing people I have met. once I get my money back I will explore other breeders for my Leo's.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #60
Pouky28
The same excuse of heat pack was given to me wednesday by some one,a week before he said he was going to ship if we have at least 40, we had upper 50s and wednesday 45 overnight he didn't aswer my emails untuil 2'days later and said he did have heat packs.
Same cheap excuse.
I wont said how he is,but im still mad,he sell here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!