I am a complete idiot - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
SPJ
I am a complete idiot

I got the baby tarantula on Tuesday. It is now Thursday and it is dead.
I really screwed up without even realizing it.
I keep a large tub of mulch handy for when I need to change the substrate in the cages here so I grabbed a bunch of that and put it in the T's cage since it was dry already and I heard they don't like too much humidity.
What I forgot was that substrate gets sprayed with PAM whenever I add more to make sure there are no unwanted guests in it when I go to use it.
I completely forgot about this and basically put the T in a death cage.
I feel like crap and my son is devastated. I finally got him one of these and I kill it in less than 2 days. This was not intentional and just a very stupid mistake but needless to say, it's a bit rough here tonight.
I still can't believe I did something so stupid.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Wilomn
Awww Dude. That really sucks. Sometimes you do so much so right .....it just sucks that it happened.

At least you didn't squish it or something.

Your son will understand that you simply forgot that you treat the mulch for parasites and that the same poison that kills them is lethal to Ts.

I suppose you'll have to buy 2 next time though, just in case.

Sorry man, I know how you care for your creatures.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #3
Art Klass
Damn, Steve. Sorry to hear that. That's something you'll only do once.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
shrap
I am truly sorry Steve. Nothing makes us feel worse than our own mistake killing a critter. You have to admit it was an honest mistake though, so dont be too hard on yourself. Being creatures of habit can back fire on us sometimes.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Steve, If it will bring happiness to your house I will give you a pinktoes.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
texasnewbie
I have a Chaco goldenknee spiderling, you can have if you want it. Its only about an inch or two big but you can have it for nothing.
Genuine offer.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
Lucille
Ed and Kerry, y'all are really nice to offer your spiders.
Steve, I'm sorry it happened to you, I agree with Art, I'm sure you will remember about your mulch next time.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:45 AM   #8
markface
sorry about the spider . but remember , it could happen to anyone . hope your son isnt to upset .

Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 AM   #9
Cat_72
Aw Steve, I'm sorry. It was an easy mistake to make, anyone could have made it without thinking twice. You're not an idiot, everyone makes mistakes.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
John Apple
Steve ...we are only human....I also will throw in a Brachypelma emilia for your son .5" .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!