Inquiry Underground Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Eden Exotics
Underground Reptiles

Ok I know there's other threads started on this, but most of them are like one review with 10 pages of responses...it's really drama-filled and immature. I want clear, concise reviews so I can really get a good idea of where they're at now. So I want people to reply with either GOOD GUY or BAD GUY and give a short, one-paragraph description. Don't respond to anyone else's feedback, I only want to hear YOUR experience.

I'll start. I ordered a few years ago and did not have a very good experience. I ordered some Gulf Coast Toads and a pacman frog. The toads were the wrong species (they were Southern Toads), and the pacman frog died the next day. Rather than giving me a refund or sending me the right species, they offered a 25% store credit. So for me, I'd say "Bad Guy". However, I've read a few good reviews, so I might give them a second chance (they have really good prices on a few items). I wouldn't ever put in a large order from them though...

Old 06-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #2
Will0W783
Neutral.

I ordered 3 baby farm-bred rhino vipers from them. All vipers arrived alive and they were very helpful with getting the order set up and keeping in touch when the flight was delayed.

But, the babies were packed in very moist moss, so since they sat at an airport longer than expected the one got some water blisters. All of the babies did eat and do well for me. I since have sold them to friends, but they all were doing great.

I would not hesitate to buy from them again, but I would make a point to ask them to ship my snakes on dry bedding.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
sthsieh
Hesitant.

I ordered a bunch (10-12) basilisks from them about a year ago with specific size (3-4" SVL) and condition requirements (no broken or regenerated tails, perfect limbs). The first shipment was filled with lizards who were all way too small. They were quick on responding and sent me a FedEx return label right away.

The replacement shipment had three which were still too small (2" SVL), one with a broken tail (the end was not in the bag, so it happened before packing), one with a largely regenerated tail, one with a broken (but healed) leg, and another with a dislocated hip. Another one died a couple days after shipment. I contacted them a second time about this. They promised a replacement for these lizards. They never arrived, and my follow-up calls to them were never resolved.

I'm very reluctant to order from them again.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
Black Adder
I would be hesitant to deal with them due to my one and only experience that did not result in a sale but.....
I noticed they had a Boiga listed on Kingsnake( dont remember exactly which one but think it was a Mangrove) and offered shipping including Florida.
I emailed them pointing out that the sale of Boiga was not legal in the state of Florida without a permit, they responded stating that it was legal to sell them in Florida without any permit and I knew nothing and should shop elsewhere ( obviously do not have this correspondence as was over 6 months ago)
So yes I shopped elsewhere........
Just that lack of basic knowledge concerned me immensely
Or worse scenario was they knew but did not care?

Old 08-12-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
So I want people to reply with either GOOD GUY or BAD GUY and give a short, one-paragraph description. Don't respond to anyone else's feedback, I only want to hear YOUR experience.
I think anyone interested in getting a good picture of a company would do well to read all of what is said about them. The devil is in the details, and explanations and questions help bring out facts. If there are issues in either the buying or the selling of a critter, more input can actually be more helpful.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
zabrown466
Well, they have a young super motley boa posted right now and those are born to die early, so that says a lot about them.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrown466 View Post
Well, they have a young super motley boa posted right now and those are born to die early, so that says a lot about them.
Yea I don't recall hearing of any that live past 2. Super motley is a death sentence.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
Dravorak
I was hesitant to deal with them after reading some of the threads here. None of the heavy negative feedback I saw on them seemed to be recent.

I gave them a chance and purchased a baby axanthic iguana. Communication was good, even with some delays due to a computer issue. They gave me daily updates prior to shipping, and their follow up communication was also good once I received the iguana.
It arrived well packaged, healthy and alert. Very skittish, but that is to be expected from an iguana especially after a shipping experience. Eating right away and I have no issues with the purchase.
I still prefer to purchase locally whenever possible, but I would use them again if I am looking for a harder to find animal.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #9
reticlvr
I ordered 6 plains garter snakes from them this last spring. They were healthy nice looking animals, they all ate for me and are still doing good. I have all but one switched to pinkies. I also have a broad banded watersnake from them Also doing well and feeding on fuzzies.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #10
blueboost68
I have ordered from them within the past year. Excellent service and good communication, the order was packaged well also. All animals were healthy, as a matter of fact all are still alive and doing well. But as with any company it all depends on who packed your order and what kind of day they were having.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!