Inquiry Fedex Delays - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #21
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeya100 View Post
FedEx is horrible, plain and simple! I really cant remember the last time I either received or shipped out and it went perfectly smooth. This is why I always use UPS whenever possible. Yes, UPS is a lot more expensive, but to me their service and reliability (peace of mind) is well worth it! Whoever mentioned that shipping via UPS is illegal is completely wrong. They ship pretty much all reptiles EXCEPT for snakes.
http://www.ups.com/animals#Accepted+...d+Live+Animals
No one said it was illegal. I said unless you have an account or the policies changed you can't ship threw ups, people who had accounts before the no snakes thing I believe can still ship snakes. Which is why I said unless you have an account. I guess I should have been more clear, but didn't think my words would be changed in a later post.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #22
ElexisC
Does anyone know when the ups started prohibiting snakes and if they grandfathered in previous account holders so they could still ship their snakes since they had their account previous to the changes? I think I heard something along those lines but not completely sure, would be nice if someone had some information they could share on that.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
ChondroPy
Folks....

I've basically given up on Fedex AND UPS ..even Delta Airlines has screwed up in the past, which is why you should meet with the manager at Delta Cargo if you are a regular shipper. Introduce yourself and be friendly and let them know that you ship reptiles and whether he/she could have their people look out for your shipment... this works and I have even received reimbursements (believe it or not) back for their screw ups... you have to be nice and professional though, regardless of how stupid the mistake was (yes, some airline idiot placed cold-blooded animals in the freezer as cold-blooded animals needed to be kept cold, right? Sheesh...that was a FIASCO.... but stayed calm and got my money back from the manager)

Delta AirCargo is more pricey than FedEx but they KNOW(somewhat) reptiles AND the good thing is that the "KNOWN SHIPPER" crap (that you are dealing with at UPS) has been discontinued and anyone should be able to ship. Prices average around $80 for a 2' x 2' x 2' box around 20 lbs. You can go online and see the status of the package.

Unlike FedEx and UPS, Delta AirCargo doesn't do door to door service but if you are shipping expensive animals (or live a distance from the airport) do you really want to have someone delivering it to your house who doesn't know anything about herps? Also, only Delta Air Cargo (and Delta Dash which is more expensive for basically the same service as they do not bring the animals into the terminal any longer in most or all states) ships venomous herps..

Hope this helps...

Charles

Old 08-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #24
AbsoluteApril
Please stick to the topic of this thread which is FedEx.
We have shipping forums for the discussion recommending other vendors:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=462

Old 08-26-2015, 04:17 PM   #25
chuckwalla
fed ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I have had two outbound delays for 2015 and one inbound delay for 2015 (thus far). While I am not happy about there being a delay when there is a delay, I understand that those are exceptions for me rather than high-frequency events. Also, while the recipients of outbound packages experiencing delays are likely not at ease, I am pretty calm about the whole thing and the packaging utilized should see the precious cargo safely through the stretched duration. I think FedEx does a darn fine job with the insane volume they handle and they will continue to have my business via the use of a facilitator (RE).

Agreed Nickolas. Shipped through reptiles express with Fed Ex priority overnight for 4 years now. Maybe 100 shipments and have never had a delay. Just shipped yesterday. Dropped it off at 6 pm and it got to its destination at 8:30 this morning. They will have all my business.

Tom Greb

Old 08-26-2015, 05:00 PM   #26
The Magic maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
I've had a lot of delays with fed-ex over the past two months, too. Only about 1/2 my shipments have been on time. Before that I only had the occasional delay.
Im not sure what the problem is...... Most of the breeders I know have been having problems with deeds for the past 3 months.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #27
The Magic maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Please stick to the topic of this thread which is FedEx.
We have shipping forums for the discussion recommending other vendors:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=462
Im not 100% sure who you are referring to. Are you talking about the comment above yours?

Old 08-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #28
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic maker View Post
Im not 100% sure who you are referring to. Are you talking about the comment above yours?
I am addressing the comments in this thread that were directly about FedEx, I think that is fairly clear? If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM so we do not detract from this thread or go off topic,
thank you.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:12 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I am addressing the comments in this thread that were directly about FedEx, I think that is fairly clear? If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM so we do not detract from this thread or go off topic,
thank you.
typo - comments that were not directly about fedex

Old 08-31-2015, 11:28 AM   #30
BillZ
Simply insure your package with SYR and get a refund if over a minutes late. Fully insure it and get value of snake back if DOA because its late (there are some exceptions so do your research).

http://shipyourreptiles.com/en/get-h...g#question-119

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!